NBPME Part 1 (USMLE 1st Aid book = too much?)

Started by grifgin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

grifgin

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To those who have taken this exam already, do you think that some parts of the book are just too much detail? I havent started studying I was just looking over some random pages ...


.. ie Lysosomal storage diseases... there are about 10 of them, each one has one paragraph of detail and I have never heard of them (not in class anyways)

did you guys memorize EACH AND EVERYTHING in detail of this book? or skipped some parts of it?
 
To those who have taken this exam already, do you think that some parts of the book are just too much detail? I havent started studying I was just looking over some random pages ...


.. ie Lysosomal storage diseases... there are about 10 of them, each one has one paragraph of detail and I have never heard of them (not in class anyways)

did you guys memorize EACH AND EVERYTHING in detail of this book? or skipped some parts of it?

Memorize? no. learn? yes.

And as for overpreparing for NBPME, I'd rather over prepare and walk out of the exam knowing I passed than under preparing and worrying until I get the letter in the mail.

The First Aid book is not too much and will prepare you well for boards part 1.
 
Memorize? no. learn? yes.

And as for overpreparing for NBPME, I'd rather over prepare and walk out of the exam knowing I passed than under preparing and worrying until I get the letter in the mail.

The First Aid book is not too much and will prepare you well for boards part 1.

Agreed! I'd also supplement it with the pharm/path flashcards as well as the Lower Extremity anatomy notes.