NC DPT Cycle 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone have an interview at WCU and worried about the weather? I’m driving from Ohio and just saw them post on their Instagram about how bad the weather is supposed to be by the school and advising not to drive....

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have an interview at WCU and worried about the weather? I’m driving from Ohio and just saw them post on their Instagram about how bad the weather is supposed to be by the school and advising not to drive....
Yeah the weather report shows that Cullowhee may have a winter storm starting Saturday afternoon and go on till Monday-Tuesday. So if you have the Saturday interview, be sure to especially stay safe!

Sent from my moto g(6) using SDN mobile

Yes! I'm flying into Asheville and then driving. Hopefully the roads aren't too bad! I'm hoping my return flight for Sunday doesn't get cancelled either, but at this point it doesn't look too good.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! I'm flying into Asheville and then driving. Hopefully the roads aren't too bad! I'm hoping my return flight for Sunday doesn't get cancelled either, but at this point it doesn't look too good.
Good luck on the interview and be safe! Are the interviews still happening today as normal?

Anyone heading down to interview at ECU this Thursday?
I am! My interview is in the afternoon on Thursday. I heard from one of my friends that it was a lot less scary than WCU's interview, so there's that to look forward to I guess.

Has anyone heard from Duke that has interviewed? I think we're supposed to hear back this week?

I am! My interview is in the afternoon on Thursday. I heard from one of my friends that it was a lot less scary than WCU's interview, so there's that to look forward to I guess.

Yeah I hope so! How did you feel about Western's presentation? I was actually really turned off by blind-siding us with the dual-campus cohort thing and spending no time discussing the curriculum.

Yeah I hope so! How did you feel about Western's presentation? I was actually really turned off by blind-siding us with the dual-campus cohort thing and spending no time discussing the curriculum.

I was kind of thrown off by the new dual campus idea too!

Anyone notice that on UNC’s supplemental app check status page there are red X’s stating they are awaiting your unofficial transcripts?? I check pretty frequently and for some reason just now see that this is there so I’m thinking it was just changed, even though I already sent my transcripts a while back

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah they're doing that to accommodate more students and they said it would be the same experience with the same kind of technology and equipment, but I personally am not fond of having 2 separate cohorts in different areas.

Anyone notice that on UNC’s supplemental app check status page there are red X’s stating they are awaiting your unofficial transcripts?? I check pretty frequently and for some reason just now see that this is there so I’m thinking it was just changed, even though I already sent my transcripts a while back
Yeah I have that on my supplemental page as well for UNC. I'm assuming we're supposed to upload a transcript with this semester on it?

Just out of curiosity where is the second cohort going to be located at?

Just out of curiosity where is the second cohort going to be located at?
It's going to be in Asheville.

I'm intrigued by it...but I think it would involve a lot of commuting for lab and it doesn't seem like they've worked out everything. But, I do love that it means they can accept more students!

I feel like WCU's dual cohort is just a money grab to get more students and in no way boosts the learning experience. I think they purposely didn't update their DPT page to show the new program because it would deter students from applying and that is a shady thing to do in my opinion.

I feel like WCU's dual cohort is just a money grab to get more students and in no way boosts the learning experience. I think they purposely didn't update their DPT page to show the new program because it would deter students from applying and that is a shady thing to do in my opinion.
It was originally posted on their APTA page, but I don't think it's there anymore. I assumed that meant that they weren't doing it this year, but you know what they say about assuming...

I mean most things done by grad programs during the admissions process are money grabs so that wouldn't surprise me.

I got an invite to Elon today so I’m guessing they sent out a second round of interviews!

I'm not sure if anyone here applied to south carolina, but they sent out first rounds of acceptances yesterday

Duke sending out acceptances today-just got a call with an acceptance and to expect an email in a handful of days

Reactions: 1 users
Duke sending out acceptances today-just got a call with an acceptance and to expect an email in a handful of days
Congrats for getting accepted by Duke!
I am wondering has Duke sent out some denial letters already? Do you happen to know how many more interview dates they have? I applied in mid-September but have not heard anything from them…

Congrats for getting accepted by Duke!
I am wondering has Duke sent out some denial letters already? Do you happen to know how many more interview dates they have? I applied in mid-September but have not heard anything from them…
I interviewed November 30th, and there was one more interview date the next week for sure. I think there may have been one more interview day before decisions were released. It may depend on when you submitted your application? I submitted very early

Does anyone know when we will hear from UNC? I definitely thought we would have heard by now...

And how fast is the turnaround from the ECU interview?

UNC sent me an invitation today to interview on January 19th

Last edited:
UNC sent me an invitation today to interview on January 19th
Congrats! Did you get accepted into WCU? I just now found this forum and it seems like you've been accepted to a lot of places!

Congrats! Did you get accepted into WCU? I just now found this forum and it seems like you've been accepted to a lot of places!

I have not received an acceptance from WCU sadly! Which seems odd to me because I was hinted by one of the faculty that my chances were very good. I'm interested to hear if anyone else got an acceptance email from WCU.

Are you interviewing anywhere?

I have not received an acceptance from WCU sadly! Which seems odd to me because I was hinted by one of the faculty that my chances were very good. I'm interested to hear if anyone else got an acceptance email from WCU.

Are you interviewing anywhere?
I have no more upcoming interviews. I have interviewed at both WCU (accepted) and ECU, and was really hoping to hear from UNC, but haven't heard anything :( I'm psyching myself out right now.

I have no more upcoming interviews. I have interviewed at both WCU (accepted) and ECU, and was really hoping to hear from UNC, but haven't heard anything :( I'm psyching myself out right now.
Hi! Congrats and hope you hear something soon! When did you interview at WCU and when did you find out? I interviewed there on Friday and haven’t heard anything yet.

Hi! Congrats and hope you hear something soon! When did you interview at WCU and when did you find out? I interviewed there on Friday and haven’t heard anything yet.
I interviewed on the Friday, December 7th, and I got an email yesterday saying I had been accepted. Have to let them know by 12/19 and deposit due 30 days beyond that. Good luck to you... I hope you hear soon as well!

I interviewed on the Friday, December 7th, and I got an email yesterday saying I had been accepted. Have to let them know by 12/19 and deposit due 30 days beyond that. Good luck to you... I hope you hear soon as well!
I also have not heard from WCU and I interviewed on November 30th. Do you think they will send out more acceptances after you have to let them know on the 19th? That is a very quick turnaround for you to let them know by the way.

I also have not heard from WCU and I interviewed on November 30th. Do you think they will send out more acceptances after you have to let them know on the 19th? That is a very quick turnaround for you to let them know by the way.
I agree on the quick turnaround! I think it’s frustrating for people who did hear back to have to decide so soon, and also frustrating for people (like me) who haven’t heard anything. I wish they would have just sent out acceptances and waitlists. This seems like an odd way to do it, but it is the only school I have had an interview at, so maybe it is the norm.

For sure. They still have to interview 2 sessions of people from when it got cancelled for snow. I accepted it even though I haven't heard from other schools, and I bet other people did the same, which may delay more people getting in unfortunately.

PSA ABOUT WCU's ACCEPTANCE LETTER!

So it sounds like a lot of people are confused about when or if they are hearing from WCU. I was too and emailed Ms. Donaldson about it and apparently they don't send an email notifying you about your decision. You have to login into the WCU Apply Yourself portal to see your status.

Go to here Apply Now! and click on "view your submitted application".

I was offered a seat into the program and they didn't inform me about it until I asked. So just a heads up you might of been accepted even if you didn't hear anything! Yay for more disappointing things.

PSA ABOUT WCU's ACCEPTANCE LETTER!

So it sounds like a lot of people are confused about when or if they are hearing from WCU. I was too and emailed Ms. Donaldson about it and apparently they don't send an email notifying you about your decision. You have to login into the WCU Apply Yourself portal to see your status.

Go to here Apply Now! and click on "view your submitted application".

I was offered a seat into the program and they didn't inform me about it until I asked. So just a heads up you might of been accepted even if you didn't hear anything! Yay for more disappointing things.
Mine still says my status is submitted, so I guess mine is still under review

Does anyone happen to know how many people UNC is interviewing?

I got accepted into ECU! I'm pretty sure WCU waitlisted me which is fine, and I'll be interviewing with UNC in January!