NC DPT Cycle 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email that said the decision was available and to check my Apply Yourself portal. If you are waiting and haven't received an email maybe just check the portal
Congratulations! How much time did they give you to decide?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to UNC Chapel Hill yesterday if anyone was waiting on that one!

Reactions: 1 users
Whoever got accepted to UNC do you mind sharing your stats? I’m still waiting to hear from them

Whoever got accepted to UNC do you mind sharing your stats? I’m still waiting to hear from them
Overall GPA 3.75
Science GPA 3.71
GRE: V154, Q152, Writing 4.5
Observation Hours +150 in pediatrics, outpatient, geriatrics, vestibular, public school and home health
Recommendations: 3 PT 2 professors
Extracurriculars: NCAA DIII Softball, Student Senate, Peer education, Academic Coach, Finance committee member, Hall Council Representative

Reactions: 1 user
Overall GPA 3.7
Science GPA 3.3
GRE: V155, Q155, Writing 3.5
Observation Hours: 800+ in outpatient, lymphedema, women's (pelvic), wound, skilled nursing, inpatient rehab, acute, pediatrics, aquatic and animal
Recommendations: 2 PTs 2 professors
Extracurriculars: President of Kitchens on the Geaux, 200+ volunteer hours in various organizations on campus, 1 1/2 years as research assistant in biomechanics department, presented research at 2 university conferences, Microbiology Lab TA and a couple others

Members don't see this ad :)
Welp, UNC officially waitlisted me. I decided to just pull the trigger and remove myself from their waitlist. Good luck to those applicants who are still waiting to hear good news from UNC!

Welp, UNC officially waitlisted me. I decided to just pull the trigger and remove myself from their waitlist. Good luck to those applicants who are still waiting to hear good news from UNC!
What position were you on the waitlist if you don’t mind me asking? I’m 3rd and trying to kinda gauge my chances of being able to make it in vs pulling myself off waitlist

What position were you on the waitlist if you don’t mind me asking? I’m 3rd and trying to kinda gauge my chances of being able to make it in vs pulling myself off waitlist
Honestly, I don't know. I think there was a typo when they gave me my waitlist number. It was something like, 2.l. So either 2 or 21 I guess lol.

Sent from my moto g(6) using SDN mobile

I just forfeited my seat at Elon so hopefully that helps someone!

Is anyone planning to turn down their spot at western Carolina or have any insight on waitlist movement or anything like that? Not sure if anyone has gotten in off the waitlist yet but I was told I’m in the top 10-15% of the waitlist so I have been blindly waiting and wanted some more insight on it if any was available! It is my top choice and i am hoping to hear good news soon!

Got accepted by Elon today!
Hey, me too! Congratulations friend! Still holding out for WCU, but I was super impressed by Elon's program. You gonna accept?

Is anyone planning to turn down their spot at western Carolina or have any insight on waitlist movement or anything like that? Not sure if anyone has gotten in off the waitlist yet but I was told I’m in the top 10-15% of the waitlist so I have been blindly waiting and wanted some more insight on it if any was available! It is my top choice and i am hoping to hear good news soon!
I called Ms. Linda earlier in the week and she said waitlist should be getting updated this week as one of the acceptance response deadlines was Monday. I'm with you, I got my # for the waitlist and she was optimistic for me but that doesn't beat having a legit acceptance. I've spoken to a handful of WCU grads who were accepted off of the waitlist, including one of the graduate assistants that was interviewing. Have hope, it's still early!

Anyone got an interview at Elon on the 18th? I see people getting accepted! Congrats!

If I get into the one school I am waiting for I will give up my seat at Western. Hopefully that decision will come this month

Anyone planning to turn down their spot at UNC? Think I'm 2nd on waitlist at this point but hoping for update from them soon.

I called Ms. Linda earlier in the week and she said waitlist should be getting updated this week as one of the acceptance response deadlines was Monday. I'm with you, I got my # for the waitlist and she was optimistic for me but that doesn't beat having a legit acceptance. I've spoken to a handful of WCU grads who were accepted off of the waitlist, including one of the graduate assistants that was interviewing. Have hope, it's still early!
Thank you! This definitely helps!

If I get into the one school I am waiting for I will give up my seat at Western. Hopefully that decision will come this month
Hopefully! Good luck with the other school as well and congrats on the acceptance!

Hey, me too! Congratulations friend! Still holding out for WCU, but I was super impressed by Elon's program. You gonna accept?
Congratulations for being accepted by Elon, I really like their program too! I am currently waitlisted by UIC and still waiting for Duke, but if I don’t hear anything from them before March 4th, I will put down my deposit for Elon.

Congratulations for being accepted by Elon, I really like their program too! I am currently waitlisted by UIC and still waiting for Duke, but if I don’t hear anything from them before March 4th, I will put down my deposit for Elon.
Man, Duke is the white whale of this admissions cycle. Someday, sometime we will hear back...

I remember at my interview day at WCU one of the current students said that they go pretty far down the waitlist and something like 1/3 of people get accepted off of it. Not sure how reliable that is, but I think if you are high on the waitlist it is still super early and your chances are pretty good!

I remember at my interview day at WCU one of the current students said that they go pretty far down the waitlist and something like 1/3 of people get accepted off of it. Not sure how reliable that is, but I think if you are high on the waitlist it is still super early and your chances are pretty good!
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I hope you get your numero uno school but if you land at WCU, I look forward to saying hi!

Hey everyone! I got my Elon university interview coming up Monday. Apparently it’s 5 hours long? If anyone has gone for an interview there already, any kind of input/advice would be awesome!
Thanks!

Congratulations!! I am asking for one of my friends because I know it's her top choice so I'm trying to keep her updated.
Thank you! It's my top choice as well and I can't wait. At the open house they said they send out the majority of acceptances through March, so there's still a lot of time!

Thank you! It's my top choice as well and I can't wait. At the open house they said they send out the majority of acceptances through March, so there's still a lot of time!
So exciting!! I really appreciate the insight and I'm going to pass it on to her.

So exciting!! I really appreciate the insight and I'm going to pass it on to her.
Tell her not to get discourage if she doesn't hear right away. I am a first year at WSSU and around 1/3 of us got pulled from the waitlist. One as late as December.Let me know if you guys have questions about WSSU.

I just talked to Linda front WCU and she said there hasn’t been any movement on the waitlist yet, but I feel like that’s impossible because deadlines have passed and I know people are denying their admission for other schools ??? It’s getting frustrating!

I just talked to Linda front WCU and she said there hasn’t been any movement on the waitlist yet, but I feel like that’s impossible because deadlines have passed and I know people are denying their admission for other schools ??? It’s getting frustrating!
Sorry about that! I know my deadline to pay WCU is coming up next week, but I just got confirmation of enrollment for my #1 choice and so I will be forfeiting my seat at WCU. They may be waiting until the end of February? Not sure, but I'm sure there will be more movement soon!

Tell her not to get discourage if she doesn't hear right away. I am a first year at WSSU and around 1/3 of us got pulled from the waitlist. One as late as December.Let me know if you guys have questions about WSSU.
I would love to know about your experience so far! I just sent in my deposit. I'm not sure how to direct message you though lol

Can anyone here tell me more about Elon's program?? I am applying this summer and would love to know about peoples experiences in the program, or even what they have heard.

Thank you!

I would love to know about your experience so far! I just sent in my deposit. I'm not sure how to direct message you though lol

It won't let me message you. Try messaging me by clicking the envelope next to your user time on the top right and then clicking start a new conversation.

It won't let me message you. Try messaging me by clicking the envelope next to your user time on the top right and then clicking start a new conversation.
it wont let me message you either? I'm getting an error

Has anyone heard anything from WCU lately or does anyone have an upcoming deadline to respond there? Thanks!

Has anyone heard anything from WCU lately or does anyone have an upcoming deadline to respond there? Thanks!
I would also like to know this! Haven’t heard anything even though I assumed there would be waitlist movement already

I would also like to know this! Haven’t heard anything even though I assumed there would be waitlist movement already
I just shamelessly called her again (she is so sweet) and she said that there are 2 deadlines coming up in the next couple of weeks...but I would imagine that unless other NC schools are sending out a slew of decisions soon, it's going to be a very slow moving list...

I just got pulled off of the WCU waitlist! Looks like things are moving along!

2 emails and a phone call. I'll PM you for more info.

I just got pulled off from waitlist this morning from Methodist U. Its my first acceptance so far so I will likely attend here. Is anyone else going to Methodist?