You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NC DPT Cycle 2018-2019
Started by ACPTWannabe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
S'ilVousPlaît
Full Member
Congrats!! Same here!! 😀Just got an interview offer from Western!
S'ilVousPlaît
Full Member
I think we email Linda and tell her the interview date we want to reserve.I did too! Do we select the day we want for our interview? I was confused by that part of the email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
S'ilVousPlaît
Full Member
Either 12/7 or 12/8 for me.Hey all,
I also received an interview invitation from western! What day do you all plan on interviewing?
I just got confirmation for Nov. 30th at 1:30pm. The other 2 dates are exam days for me. And I'm not sure about the interview, it seems long to have 3 separate 30 minute group interviews so I have no idea what that will be like.Hey all,
I also received an interview invitation from western! What day do you all plan on interviewing?
S'ilVousPlaît
Full Member
Yeah, Linda doesn't usually actually respond back. You should get a confirmation email from Western Carolina University that confirms your interview session. You might have to email Linda again if you don't get this confirmation within a few days.Did anyone get a confirmation email from Linda? I emailed her on November 1st, but never heard back.
S'ilVousPlaît
Full Member
UNC won't send out their interview invitations until around mid December, and they're planning to have their interview in mid January.Has anyone heard from UNC? I’ve heard that people are starting to hear back from some of the other NC schools but have yet to see anyone mention UNC
ACPTWannabe
Full Member
I received an interview invite to Methodist University this morning.
So did I! Was also waitlisted to Campbell. Haven't heard back from any other schools.I received an interview invite to Methodist University this morning.
ACPTWannabe
Full Member
I ended up turning down the invite since I was pulled off the waitlist at WSSU from last cycle and will be starting in January. Winston-Salem is a better location for me than Fayetteville would be. I actually interviewed at Methodist last cycle though, so if you have any questions feel free to DM me.So did I! Was also waitlisted to Campbell. Haven't heard back from any other schools.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got into duke for ED and the interviews were pretty chill! It is a mixture of group stuff and an individual interview (with 2 different interviewers.) I wouldn’t stress, just be yourself!aye its litty! And no not at all, I know a girl in my class who had hers during ED i can ask her in detail but she told me it was "super chill" idk what that means im not a huge fan of interviews. Im also gonna try snooping around here to see if i can find anything
Congrats!!!I got into duke for ED and the interviews were pretty chill! It is a mixture of group stuff and an individual interview (with 2 different interviewers.) I wouldn’t stress, just be yourself!
Do you mind expanding on what kind of group interview stuff occurred? Was the group activities part of the interview process or more to orient potential students and welcome them?
It was both! You do a group activity not a group interview, the actual interview part is individual. The group activity is part of the whole interview process so they are still observing you and taking notes on how you handle the activity. The activity was basically just a way for them to see how you work in a group, we collaborated on answers to super simple question about random topics lol so seriously don’t stress about the group part.Congrats!!!
Do you mind expanding on what kind of group interview stuff occurred? Was the group activities part of the interview process or more to orient potential students and welcome them?
Awesome! Thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to the interview.It was both! You do a group activity not a group interview, the actual interview part is individual. The group activity is part of the whole interview process so they are still observing you and taking notes on how you handle the activity. The activity was basically just a way for them to see how you work in a group, we collaborated on answers to super simple question about random topics lol so seriously don’t stress about the group part.
S'ilVousPlaît
Full Member
Congrats! I got my interview offer from them today. The email was kind of weird though, it looked like it was a picture of a letter that got copied and pasted into the emailJust received an interview offer from ECU for December 13th.

Hey all!
Just heard from Duke today and I was offered an interview 12/7 and I applied right around the PTCAS deadline for the program. I listed some of my stats below.
Overall GPA PTCAS: 3.49
Science GPA PTCAS: 2.94
GRE: V146 Q149 W3.5
Observation Hours: about 2000 with 4 settings (3 outpatient 1 inpatient)
Athletic Training clinical hours: about 750 hours (3 sites)
LoR: 2 PTs, 2 advisors
Extracurriculars: pre-pt club (member, treasurer, vice president), ex sci club (member), tau sigma honors society (member), national honors society for leadership and success (member), Graduate assistant, worked with the geriatric population for 4 years during undergrad
My GPA's are a little misleading because I am applying with an Associates and Bachelors from two different schools while I am currently working towards my Masters in Athletic Training. I've retaken a few pre reqs too.
Just heard from Duke today and I was offered an interview 12/7 and I applied right around the PTCAS deadline for the program. I listed some of my stats below.
Overall GPA PTCAS: 3.49
Science GPA PTCAS: 2.94
GRE: V146 Q149 W3.5
Observation Hours: about 2000 with 4 settings (3 outpatient 1 inpatient)
Athletic Training clinical hours: about 750 hours (3 sites)
LoR: 2 PTs, 2 advisors
Extracurriculars: pre-pt club (member, treasurer, vice president), ex sci club (member), tau sigma honors society (member), national honors society for leadership and success (member), Graduate assistant, worked with the geriatric population for 4 years during undergrad
My GPA's are a little misleading because I am applying with an Associates and Bachelors from two different schools while I am currently working towards my Masters in Athletic Training. I've retaken a few pre reqs too.
I ended up turning down the invite since I was pulled off the waitlist at WSSU from last cycle and will be starting in January. Winston-Salem is a better location for me than Fayetteville would be. I actually interviewed at Methodist last cycle though, so if you have any questions feel free to DM me.
Hello, I have a few questions about methodist university as I have an interview there on 12/7. I tried to message you but the site does not allow me to go on your profile page if you are able to message me! Thanks for the help its much appreciated.
Hey everyone!
Overall GPA 3.7
Science GPA 3.69
GRE: V154, Q152, Writing 4.5
Observation Hours +150 in pediatrics, outpatient, geriatrics, vestibular, and home health
Recommendations: 3 PT 2 professors
Extracurriculars: NCAA DIII Softball, Student Senate, Peer education, Academic Coach, Finance committee member, Hall Council Representative
Applied to: ECU, Methodist, Campbell, Army-Baylor, UNC Chapel Hill
Interviews: Campbell (Waitlisted), Methodist (Dec. 8), ECU (Dec. 13)
Denied: Army-Baylor
Acceptances: None yet
I've never posted my stats, but just wondering how they may compare. Really hoping to get into UNC but will be happy with any acceptances.
Overall GPA 3.7
Science GPA 3.69
GRE: V154, Q152, Writing 4.5
Observation Hours +150 in pediatrics, outpatient, geriatrics, vestibular, and home health
Recommendations: 3 PT 2 professors
Extracurriculars: NCAA DIII Softball, Student Senate, Peer education, Academic Coach, Finance committee member, Hall Council Representative
Applied to: ECU, Methodist, Campbell, Army-Baylor, UNC Chapel Hill
Interviews: Campbell (Waitlisted), Methodist (Dec. 8), ECU (Dec. 13)
Denied: Army-Baylor
Acceptances: None yet
I've never posted my stats, but just wondering how they may compare. Really hoping to get into UNC but will be happy with any acceptances.
Hey! I got an interview invite at Methodist this cycle and had a couple questions, I can't DM you though. Would you mind DMing me? Thanks!I ended up turning down the invite since I was pulled off the waitlist at WSSU from last cycle and will be starting in January. Winston-Salem is a better location for me than Fayetteville would be. I actually interviewed at Methodist last cycle though, so if you have any questions feel free to DM me.
ACPTWannabe
Full Member
Hey! For whatever reason, it won't let me DM you either. What are your basic questions?Hey! I got an interview invite at Methodist this cycle and had a couple questions, I can't DM you though. Would you mind DMing me? Thanks!
That's really strange, sorry about that. So I know the basics, that it is 7 questions with 7 interviewers and you have 7 minutes with each (someone must really love the number 7...). What kind of questions do they ask? If you're not comfortable answering that outright, would you mind telling me what topics you would recommend brushing up on before speaking with them? It's going to be difficult making an impression on the committee when you only get 7 minutes with them so I'm freaking out a bit lolHey! For whatever reason, it won't let me DM you either. What are your basic questions?
ACPTWannabe
Full Member
They do 7 separate 7 minute interview. Each interview is conducted on a separate faculty member on a different topic. The questions ranged from things as simple as whether you liked Anatomy or Physiology better and then being asked if you could identify a certain bone to odd questions about identifying items and determining what the item could be used for. There was an out of the box question about how you would get x amount a water if left in a room with 2 different containers of various sizes.
Somethingoriginal
Full Member
I got into duke for ED and the interviews were pretty chill! It is a mixture of group stuff and an individual interview (with 2 different interviewers.) I wouldn’t stress, just be yourself!
Congratulations on your acceptance, that’s a huge accomplishment!! I was wondering if you have any idea how many spots may be left for regular applicants, maybe if there’s a FB page or something
How was the WCU interview? What types of questions did they ask? Any tips?I just got confirmation for Nov. 30th at 1:30pm. The other 2 dates are exam days for me. And I'm not sure about the interview, it seems long to have 3 separate 30 minute group interviews so I have no idea what that will be like.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got confirmation for Nov. 30th at 1:30pm. The other 2 dates are exam days for me. And I'm not sure about the interview, it seems long to have 3 separate 30 minute group interviews so I have no idea what that will be like.
How was it? Mine is next week and the group interviews are freaking me out!!!
The group interviews were a bit more nerve racking but just try to relax and be yourself. They will remind you that the interview is not the final say, so try not to work yourself up. The questions are pretty standard, nothing out of the box, things that you have probably prepared. I will say that where you sit matters, if you choose to sit on the end you'll go either first or last so just choose what you think you'll be most comfortable with.How was it? Mine is next week and the group interviews are freaking me out!!!
The group interviews were a bit more nerve racking but just try to relax and be yourself. They will remind you that the interview is not the final say, so try not to work yourself up. The questions are pretty standard, nothing out of the box, things that you have probably prepared. I will say that where you sit matters, if you choose to sit on the end you'll go either first or last so just choose what you think you'll be most comfortable with.
Thank you!
D
deleted831349
Yes. Last year, letters went out on Wednesday, December 6th. Hopefully you'll hear this week!Did anyone apply to USC(South Carolina)? The email said they will be sending out their first round of acceptances in early December
Somethingoriginal
Full Member
Just got invited for Duke Interview day 11/30!
I hope your interview went well and that you loved it! Do you have any tips or anything regarding the interview and overall day? I am interviewing on Friday and I am so excited to see their program. Thank you!!
I tried dming you but couldn't, I was wondering if you knew what WSSU's acceptance rate is? I saw that they don't do interviews so I'm wondering what stats are considered competitive.I ended up turning down the invite since I was pulled off the waitlist at WSSU from last cycle and will be starting in January. Winston-Salem is a better location for me than Fayetteville would be. I actually interviewed at Methodist last cycle though, so if you have any questions feel free to DM me.
ACPTWannabe
Full Member
I know for last year's cycle they had over 700 applications and only have 28 seats. It is a January start date program so I feel like a lot of people must of accepted seats and then backed out once they got into other schools. I know several of us were pulled from the wait list. Some were even pulled after me in late September. As far as competitive stats, check PTCAS but realize they also factor in GRE scores (viewed as an indicator for success on the licensing exam), diversity, and economic background. My stats for last cycle were: GRE V: 76%(I think) Q: 39% AW: 4.5 cGPA 3.43 with over 1000 hours of shadowing/volunteering.I tried dming you but couldn't, I was wondering if you knew what WSSU's acceptance rate is? I saw that they don't do interviews so I'm wondering what stats are considered competitive.
kandielovee
Full Member
I hope your interview went well and that you loved it! Do you have any tips or anything regarding the interview and overall day? I am interviewing on Friday and I am so excited to see their program. Thank you!!
I more than loved it!! They really sold me into their program and i hope that they loved me as well. The faculty, staff, and students were so nice and were all happy to answer any questions that you may have. My advice is for you to honestly be yourself. I did some practice questions but i didn't get asked any of them, just scenario questions. It's a long day so get some rest the night before.
Somethingoriginal
Full Member
Thank you so much! Did they tell you when you would know by/how many spots were left?I more than loved it!! They really sold me into their program and i hope that they loved me as well. The faculty, staff, and students were so nice and were all happy to answer any questions that you may have. My advice is for you to honestly be yourself. I did some practice questions but i didn't get asked any of them, just scenario questions. It's a long day so get some rest the night before.
kandielovee
Full Member
Nope didn’t ask:/ hopefully you’ll let me know!Thank you so much! Did they tell you when you would know by/how many spots were left?
Hi, I have my interview tomorrow and am very nervous! If you don’t mind answering, were they large or small groups? Also, was everyone asked the same or different questions? Thanks in advance and hope yours went well!The group interviews were a bit more nerve racking but just try to relax and be yourself. They will remind you that the interview is not the final say, so try not to work yourself up. The questions are pretty standard, nothing out of the box, things that you have probably prepared. I will say that where you sit matters, if you choose to sit on the end you'll go either first or last so just choose what you think you'll be most comfortable with.
Don't be! You'll do great! The groups were of about 9/10, pretty large to me, and everyone answers the same question and then different questions in each room.Hi, I have my interview tomorrow and am very nervous! If you don’t mind answering, were they large or small groups? Also, was everyone asked the same or different questions? Thanks in advance and hope yours went well!
Don't be! You'll do great! The groups were of about 9/10, pretty large to me, and everyone answers the same question and then different questions in each room.
Different questions in each room, do you mean there are only 3 questions total since there are 3 30 minute interviews
Sorry that wasnt clear, everyone will go down the line and answer the same question, and then you will go down the line again and answer different questions in each room. So you will answer 2 questions in each room, 6 questions total.Different questions in each room, do you mean there are only 3 questions total since there are 3 30 minute interviews
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That doesn’t seem too terrible. Thanks!Sorry that wasnt clear, everyone will go down the line and answer the same question, and then you will go down the line again and answer different questions in each room. So you will answer 2 questions in each room, 6 questions total.
Thanks so much for all of the information! I really appreciate it!Sorry that wasnt clear, everyone will go down the line and answer the same question, and then you will go down the line again and answer different questions in each room. So you will answer 2 questions in each room, 6 questions total.
Maybe I’ll see you there tomorrow!That doesn’t seem too terrible. Thanks!
Maybe I’ll see you there tomorrow!
Mine is not until Saturday!