NC/SC DPT 2021-2022 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pleasebedpt

Reaction score
Hi!! I just wanted to start a thread for any NC or SC schools that people have applied to! I applied USC, MUSC, UNC, Duke, and High Point.

The only one that I have heard back from so far is High Point, I have an interview Sept 27!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!! I just wanted to start a thread for any NC or SC schools that people have applied to! I applied USC, MUSC, UNC, Duke, and High Point.

The only one that I have heard back from so far is High Point, I have an interview Sept 27!!
Congrats ! I have applied to Charleston Southern , Anderson University, East Carolina University , UNC , & plan to submit to Wingate

Hope everyone is doing well in the application process! Here are my stats:

Major: Exercise Phys
cGPA: 3.5
pGPA: 3.3-3.4
GRE: 154 V/ 152 Q/ 4.0
Observation hours:
• OrthOP/Sports Med : 660
• Pediatrics: 40
• Pelvic Floor: 4
Work exp:
• personal training: 2.5 years
• PT tech: 11 months
• Research Assistant: 4 months
Extracurricular:
• USPA powerlifting
• Club sports Rugby
Applying: UNC Chapel Hill, WCU, ECU, WSSU
Interviews: none yet
Acceptances: none yet
Rejections: none yet

Reactions: 1 user
I've applied to Duke and Elon. Haven't heard anything from Duke yet but received an acceptance from Elon a little less than a month ago after interviewing in early September.

Received my HPU acceptance on oct 9!! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I applied to UNC, wingate, Elon, high point, USC, MUSC
Received interview invite for wingate so far.

I've applied to Duke and Elon. Haven't heard anything from Duke yet but received an acceptance from Elon a little less than a month ago after interviewing in early September.
I haven’t heard from Duke either!

Members don't see this ad :)
Invited to interview with WCU!! They’re my top choice!

Just got an invite for an interview with Duke!! Has anyone had experience with virtual interviews?

congrats!! when did you apply?
I think I submitted my application 9/13 but I didn’t have some supplemental stuff (Snapshot) in until 9/29. I took my GRE on 9/25 so they didn’t receive my scores until 10/6.

I got an interview with WCU in a couple of weeks! has anyone heard back from MUSC?

Anyone heard from UNC?
I also haven't heard anything yet (other than the initial email saying they would send more info by 10/31). I'm also wondering whether they are just going to send everything out tomorrow.

I also haven't heard anything yet (other than the initial email saying they would send more info by 10/31). I'm also wondering whether they are just going to send everything out tomorrow.
Best of luck to you guys!! Do you think they will send you an email regardless of their decision?

Best of luck to you guys!! Do you think they will send you an email regardless of their decision?
Same to you! That's what I thought based on their initial email. By the looks of previous application year forums they sent interview emails and denials/waitlist emails, but they also sent out emails earlier in previous years. So I'm really not sure to be honest.

Was also wondering if they’d send it out tomorrow. I was assuming at first it would be yesterday since that was the last business day before 10/31, but we’ll see!

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who hasn't heard anything from UNC, getting a bit stressed though! 😬
I also applied to ECU and WSSU, and I'll probably apply to Wingate after this semester ends so I can dedicate more time to their essays.

Do ya'll think UNC would have sent out an email saying that we were not invited for an interview if that were the case? I don't personally know and I also do not know anyone who has heard anything from UNC other than their initial email.

Do ya'll think UNC would have sent out an email saying that we were not invited for an interview if that were the case? I don't personally know and I also do not know anyone who has heard anything from UNC other than their initial email.
Re-reading the initial email after application submission they state "By October 31st, we will contact those selected and invite them for virtual interviews...". So by the wording it implies they won't contact people not selected. However, I also don't know any one who has heard back from them.

based on last years forum it seemed like people who did not get an interview also received an email around the same time as those who they did offer

I sent the UNC DPT admissions an email and they replied saying they are behind and should be sending out emails today and tomorrow. Good Luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
I sent the UNC DPT admissions an email and they replied saying they are behind and should be sending out emails today and tomorrow. Good Luck everyone!
Thanks for letting us know!! Good luck!!!

thank you so much for this update! good luck to you and everyone else!!!

I just received an interview invite from UNC 5 min ago, hope this helps anyone. Good luck to you all!!

Reactions: 3 users