NDB part 1- How bad is 89????

Started by my1molar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my1molar said:
but i'm an US dental student. I"m afraid that would affect my applying to specialty.
There are always other means to increase your competitiveness other than retaking the NBDE Part 1. What specialty are you considering? We may be able to give you more specific suggestions based on that. Don't be discouraged, a 89 is a respectable score!
 
I am at the begining of 3rd year, haven't made up my mind about what specialty, either ortho or endo. I really have to discover what i love most. class rank is 13/119. Thanks for your input!!!
 
my1molar said:
I am at the begining of 3rd year, haven't made up my mind about what specialty, either ortho or endo. I really have to discover what i love most. class rank is 13/119. Thanks for your input!!!
Keep up your grades and use this semester to boost up your class rank. It may be tough to move up to top 10, but lets hope couple of people will fall. For Ortho, your 89 may be tough. Many Ortho SDNers can help you.
 
my1molar said:
I am at the begining of 3rd year, haven't made up my mind about what specialty, either ortho or endo. I really have to discover what i love most. class rank is 13/119. Thanks for your input!!!

I got an 89 on part 1 and I'm going all out now towards OMFS. I believe a score of 89 is becoming the new 90 recently, at least in OMFS with declining amounts of applications, and increasing amount of people applying to pedo and other "hot" specialties. That's just a theory of mine, maybe some OMFS residents would agree with me...... but regardless, dont loose sight of the endgame, anything is possible if you work hard enough at it, including those higher end specialties with a NBDE I score of 89.

_________
Tufts 08
 
i got a 86 overall 77 in da 91 in patho micro 90 in physio bichem and 86 in anatomy i am so depressed who will take me!i wanted to get into an advance standing program!