Need a case study for a presentation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cuteangel6788

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am a senior at an undergraduate college. My college provides this great program where I can go shadow doctors for a semester and get a course credit for it. I am doing an internship in the neonatal intensive care unit. the course involves an ethics seminar and I have to do a presentation in class. Thus, I need a case study that has a ethical or moral component to it. I would be really grateful if someone could give me a good case study or lead me to sources where I can find such case studies.
Thanks a ton.
Shruti.

Members don't see this ad.

Ask the NICU staff if they've ever had a case where on an infant under their care who was extremely premature and decision was made resuscitate despite the parent's wishes.

It would be much easier to go after an OB case with moral/ethical issues that NICU (i.e. CS against mother's wishes in terminal bradycardia, not disclosing mother's HIV status to the father of the baby in the labor room where you know his health is directly impacted).

Best of luck