Need a place to stay around NSU. Host or suggestions. THIS SUNDAY 9/11

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ski2Doc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am renting a car at FLL so can travel to somwhere around ft.lauderdale, hollywood, miami (north).

If anyone can host me for one night, sunday night, that would be awesome.

If not PLEASE let me know of some cheap hotels int he area. I am finding online for around 60 bucks/night.

Also has anyone heard of Golden Nugget Hotel in north miami bieach/Aventura.
No pics/reviews online.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are interviewing at NSU, i thought they have student ambassadors who volunteered to host prospective students the night before their interview. The information can be found with the interview packet that NSU sent. I hope that helps:)

KnishTix said:
Am renting a car at FLL so can travel to somwhere around ft.lauderdale, hollywood, miami (north).

If anyone can host me for one night, sunday night, that would be awesome.

If not PLEASE let me know of some cheap hotels int he area. I am finding online for around 60 bucks/night.

Also has anyone heard of Golden Nugget Hotel in north miami bieach/Aventura.
No pics/reviews online.

Just got the packet, didnt find anything in it about that, can you give me a particular part of the packet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also interviewing at NSU (but on Friday the 16th). I didn't receive any information on student ambassadors either in my packet. Perhaps you have to call admissions to ask? Maybe it was left out of our packets by accident? There were some hotel rooms in the packet that if you said you were interviewing at NSU you would get a discount - have you checked them out?

I just looked at the interview packet and it says on the front page that people who are interviewing can contact the student ambassadors if they want to stay with them. However, they did not give the url address so I think you'll just have to search the NSU website. I hope that helps :)

I didnt see that in the packet. Also, i called the office, Gabriel, ext 1124, was VERY helpful. I spoke to him about staying in hotels and i made it cleear that i dont want to spend, and he didnt mention anything. This leads me to believe that student host are not available, otherwise he would have said s/t.
Flying out in 9 hrs.
booked at golden nugget beach hotel. $55, on the beach and has pool. in very nice area. will let you guys now how it was.