Need a transitional year more like Med school!

Started by plusminus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

plusminus

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any advice on which transitional year programs treat you more like a med student than a resident? Honestly, I LOVE rads but have no interest in this required cliinical year and would prefer the least amount of responsibility possible.
 
I might sound like a tighta$$, but sometimes a real year may be worth it to force you to get used to making decisions and taking responsibility for them. I found medical school boring because you were just a tourist, it is much more motivating to learn when you know someone could be harmed by your decision (or later, that you could get sued and lose your livelihood). Of course 85% of internship is BS paperwork, drug addicts, hookers! and soft admits for CYA medicine, etc...but that too is indirectly relevant to a future career in radiology.

This is the decision-making environment you are likely to spend the rest of your life in.

Anyway, getting off my soapbox - I suspect Roanoke and Riverside would suit you well.
 
As a current transitional year at John Peter Smith hospital in Fort Worth, I feel my year so far has been so much nicer than medical school. And Fort Worth is a nicer city than Kansas City.