NEED ADVICE: Am I in good shape for the May MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hp95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

So I'm basically studying for the MCAT and aiming for a May 24th test day, leaving me about 7 weeks. I have minimal commitments besides the MCAT until then, so I can basically dedicate 6-8 hours everyday. I took the Next Step FL #1 and scored a 505 (126/126/126/127). I still have a LOT of content to get through (basically half of gen chem, all of physics and orgo and P/S left). I did take the TPR course in the fall, but I fell way behind and couldn't keep up with the course. So I'm trying to aim for at least a 509/510 and was just wondering if that would be enough time to get my score to where I need it to be? I forgot a lot of the content from undergrad so its taking me a while to get through content. I know the AAMC material is the best predictor, but I would rather save those until I'm closer to my test date.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
7 weeks is definitely enough time. I did all of my MCAT studying in about the same length of time. Went from a 502 on my first FL to 517 on the real thing. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Content is important but doing practice questions is what will help you learn how to think to find the correct answers (Use AAMC Question Packs and Section Banks)

Reactions: 1 users
7 weeks is definitely enough time. I did all of my MCAT studying in about the same length of time. Went from a 502 on my first FL to 517 on the real thing. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Content is important but doing practice questions is what will help you learn how to think to find the correct answers (Use AAMC Question Packs and Section Banks)

Thank you!! Yeah I am focusing more on content right now so I am definitely going to switch and do more practice problems!