Need advice from you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dvdrv31

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some help...and a possible game plan. I really messed up first 2 years of college. My science GPA is currently 2.7 -this does NOT include Orgo or 2nd semester of physics. My overall GPA is 3.1. I am a junior and just got admission into Goizueta Business School at Emory and will be majoring in Business with a concentration in Finance and IT. I would still love to do medicine but took a break from pre-med classes to think about this.

Also, at Emory you get a seperate GPA after you are admitted to the B-school. But I need a game plan. Should I do Orgo senior year? over the summer? I have changed study habits and know I can improve. More science classes to take? I will be a year late...and don't know because i will be done with my dual concentration in the B-school on time at the end of my 4th year.

Please, any advice or even comments would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the more sciences the better(if you get good grades in them). Then the med schools will see that you CAN do the sciences and are capable of making good grades in them. Organic is a lot of visualization...not really related a whole lot to regular chemistry. Some people are great at chemistry and suck at Organic..some people are the opposite. So I'm not really sure when you should take it. If you feel ready take it whenever possible.