Need advice or suggestions. Unsure what to do!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Boo5i1

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! Need some direction on what to think and do going forward. I have not heard back from any schools yet and I am starting to get worried. This is my second time around and am trying my hardest to get in this cycle. I retook a couple pre req's to increase my last 60 and pre req gpa as my cumulative gpa is very low due to a bad first year and a half of my academic career. I tried to narrow my schools down to the ones that focus on last 60 gpa, but I did include some that looked at overall since I was able to meet the requirements and hoped they might look deeper into my application. I even applied out of state to help increase my chances. Please let me know what you guys think, any insight you might have, or even schools you recommend i take a look at applying to! I'll take anything I can get 🙂

University of Texas at Dallas
Overall: 3.02
Last 60: 3.87
Avg Pre Req for all schools applying to: 3.75-3.85
GRE: 148 Q, 151V, 4 AW

Hours: 2000 hours in outpatient ortho, 400 hours inpatient pediatrics, about 500 hours outpatient pediatrics with aquatics involved.

Activities/Experiences: Youth soccer referee and mentor, helped organize youth sports at my local religious center, Medical staff intern at local professional soccer team.

Applied to: UNTHSC, UTEP, TXST, TWU, UTSW, NAU, Cal State -Sacramento, Utah State, New Mexico State, U of Arkansas.

Thank you so much!
 
Hey guys! Need some direction on what to think and do going forward. I have not heard back from any schools yet and I am starting to get worried. This is my second time around and am trying my hardest to get in this cycle. I retook a couple pre req's to increase my last 60 and pre req gpa as my cumulative gpa is very low due to a bad first year and a half of my academic career. I tried to narrow my schools down to the ones that focus on last 60 gpa, but I did include some that looked at overall since I was able to meet the requirements and hoped they might look deeper into my application. I even applied out of state to help increase my chances. Please let me know what you guys think, any insight you might have, or even schools you recommend i take a look at applying to! I'll take anything I can get 🙂

University of Texas at Dallas
Overall: 3.02
Last 60: 3.87
Avg Pre Req for all schools applying to: 3.75-3.85
GRE: 148 Q, 151V, 4 AW

Hours: 2000 hours in outpatient ortho, 400 hours inpatient pediatrics, about 500 hours outpatient pediatrics with aquatics involved.

Activities/Experiences: Youth soccer referee and mentor, helped organize youth sports at my local religious center, Medical staff intern at local professional soccer team.

Applied to: UNTHSC, UTEP, TXST, TWU, UTSW, NAU, Cal State -Sacramento, Utah State, New Mexico State, U of Arkansas.

Thank you so much!


Most schools don't send out acceptance letters till January. So try not to get too worried
 
I feel you will be fine. Don't worry your stats combined with your EC's make a solid application!!