Need advice please.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Banjo64dd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story short. I just got my MCAT result back after taking it for the 3rd time. I got a 28 this time. The first time I got a 23, second time a 24, and finally a 28 (although I was hoping for a 30). I got accepted into the BU MAMS program and am pending on other schools. BTW, here is my MCAT breakdown.

VR = 9 BS = 10 PS = 9

I have a 3.3 CUMGPA and a 3.2 SCGPA. Is a 28 good enough to get into a US medical school (MD) if I do the SMP program (conisdering I get good grades) or do I need to retake this horrible test?

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like you did a great job at improving your score. However, only you can determine if you can beat a 28 the fourth time around. Unless there were major factors that held you back from getting a 30 or above, I would say that you probably will not do any better.

I'm not saying you shouldn't apply to U.S. medial schools, but please understand that your numbers fall below the average. The average GPA and MCAT for a matriculated student to med school is 3.4 and 30, respectively. However, your numbers are in line for acceptance to an osteopathic program.

Good luck to you no matter what path you take.