Need Advice s/p Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skibum1982

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster and would appreciate any advice thrown my way. I just matched at a prestigious Anesthesiology program in Chicago, but was expecting to stay on the east coast. My wife works in the Philly area and is willing to move with me, but has no business contacts in Chicago. Do you think it would be ok for me to get in touch with my PD right away to see if they can help out with grad schools/job hunting, or is it too soon? I don't wanna be that needy resident asking for favors right away, but am in a tough spot. Thanks in advance,

-SB

Members don't see this ad.

You may want to start off with the graduate medical education office first. Your PD would probably know where to direct you but, they probably are not going to be the ones to help you with this.

Another option would be to email current residents at the program to see if they have some insight and could help get you pointed in the right direction.