Need help do I change my date? DAT STRESS ADVICE NEEDED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csulapredental

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm so stressed I'm not doing good at all I've gone thru destroyer Chem and gen chem one and a half times probably by Thursday I'll be done with 2 times. My destroyer BOOTCAMP individual subject tests have improved SIGNIFICANTLY like I was starting at a 15 I finally got an 18 on gem chem and 20 in ochem..last night I did those 4 hour full length exam and realized it was the same questions I had seen? So obviously I did good but only because after those individual tests I sit and really study those answers so it's like when I took my full length it was BS cuz I basically knew those answers so I can't count that as a legit grade.... Only thing that was legit was the PAT which I got a 17!! And the freking RC even tho I had read it before I still got a 17!!! Idk how to get my PAT up I have finally understood how to do TFE but my speed is terrible. When I get to cubes I'm so rushy and tired no time my brain shuts off. Math is just horrible too like idk where I stand. My test is scheduled for September 4. I think I need to reschedule .. Only problem is my school starts back up on August 22 and I'm going to take a HUGE load.. Biochem, micro, neurobio, research, physio.. Like how would I ever fit in DAT? Plus I've heard DAT isn't something that should be studied over such a long period... Please YALL GIVE ME ADVICE. Oh and isn't there a rule about u only have 150 days from the day u pay for ur test to take it or something? Cuz I chose my date in June. Doesn't that only give me a max of like December to take it? Fmllll

Members don't see this ad.

Worst case scenario reschedule it for a winter break or in june of next year. Thing is you can improve so much in about 3.5 more weeks. Don't give up on yourself just yet. Every single day is important up until the last 2 or 3 or so in my opinion. You really don't want to study for the DAT with that ridiculous of a schedule. See how you feel in another week or two. How long have you been studying so far?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I started June 15.
If I wait so long won't I forget everything? All this work for NOTHING?
How long do I have till my time limit expires?

You haven't even studied 2 months yet! If you're busy with ECs it's understandable if you're not making progress as quickly as you'd like. Personally, I really cut back on ECs and just focused on hardcore studying for 6 weeks. Maybe for the next 2 weeks you can try to make more time in the day to study if you're not right now? Well I took my DAT the first time in January. By the time I started studying again around June 18th or so I did forget a good amount but I didn't forget EVERYTHING. So studying now isn't a complete waste of time but it isn't the most effective either to try to retain that info for several months.

You haven't even studied 2 months yet! If you're busy with ECs it's understandable if you're not making progress as quickly as you'd like. Personally, I really cut back on ECs and just focused on hardcore studying for 6 weeks. Maybe for the next 2 weeks you can try to make more time in the day to study if you're not right now? Well I took my DAT the first time in January. By the time I started studying again around June 18th or so I did forget a good amount but I didn't forget EVERYTHING. So studying now isn't a complete waste of time but it isn't the most effective either to try to retain that info for several months.
Lol I study like 10 hours a day
I have quit my job and my entire summer has revolved around this exam. I am just a VERY slow learner. Something that takes the avg person 10 min to get takes me like an hour.
I am having trouble doing a little bit of everything a day I feel like I am not efficient I'll spend like 4 hours on math that's how long it takes me for one destroyer test!!! Then 2 on ochem 2 on gem chem 3 on bio by then my day is over and I haven't even looked at pat OR RC. Nothing's fitting in. Fmllllllll I really don't want to postpone. I don't see another time like this were I'm so free with no other worries but this exam

Lol I study like 10 hours a day
I have quit my job and my entire summer has revolved around this exam. I am just a VERY slow learner. Something that takes the avg person 10 min to get takes me like an hour.
I am having trouble doing a little bit of everything a day I feel like I am not efficient I'll spend like 4 hours on math that's how long it takes me for one destroyer test!!! Then 2 on ochem 2 on gem chem 3 on bio by then my day is over and I haven't even looked at pat OR RC. Nothing's fitting in. Fmllllllll I really don't want to postpone. I don't see another time like this were I'm so free with no other worries but this exam
Damn you have gone hardcore also! Hey everyone learns at a different pace. Lol I'm awful at PAT I just never understood it very well. Keep on chugging. Why do you spend so much time on practice? Maybe speed up a bit and just mark the ones that you're unsure of and spend A LOT of time reviewing those. As for math, work on speed and being used to the question types. If you don't want a 21+ in math I'm not sure how necessary math destroyer really is. I mean I didn't even use it at all my first attempt; used it a little my second attempt and my QRs are almost identical lol.

Damn you have gone hardcore also! Hey everyone learns at a different pace. Lol I'm awful at PAT I just never understood it very well. Keep on chugging. Why do you spend so much time on practice? Maybe speed up a bit and just mark the ones that you're unsure of and spend A LOT of time reviewing those. As for math, work on speed and being used to the question types. If you don't want a 21+ in math I'm not sure how necessary math destroyer really is. I mean I didn't even use it at all my first attempt; used it a little my second attempt and my QRs are almost identical lol.
so what did u use for math? just bat bootcamp tests?

lol for math i did a few destroyers and yeah just practice problems from prac exams. i kinda breezed through them and was disappointed with my real QR lol. Q vault math is decent imo. Just the right difficulty to work with.