Need help from San Antonio residents

Discussion in 'PM&R' started by GP Mommy, Nov 19, 2002.

1. GP Mommy

GP Mommy New Member

I would appreciate any help from UT San Antonio PM&R residents.

Here is the story:
    I went to med school on an Air Force scholarship. I decided during 3rd yr that I wanted to do PM&R. I also chose to do my internship in internal med.

Half way through my 4th yr of med school, the Air Force told me I had to do my internship with them, which was fine. But, they also said they did not need PM&R physicians. So....I had two options:

1. either do general practice for 4 yrs after internship to pay off my commitment to them and then go do a civilian PM&R residency

2. or change to a specialty the Air Force was in need of.

I decided I really wanted to stick with PM&R (despite pressure from my wonderful Wilford Hall medicine attendings to switch to internal medicine). I completed my internship in internal medicine at Wilford Hall. Worked as a general practice physician for 4 yrs at Lackland AFB. Now I am out of the military and free to apply to civilian programs.

I now have a toddler and would like to stay home with her for a year or two before going back to residency. My husband works in San Antonio and after being here for 5 yrs now, we are kind of settled in so I would like to do my residency here. I thought it might be good to use this time off to find out more about the San Antonio program.

Are there any weekly/monthly conferences that I could attend to get more familiar with the program, faculty, and residents?

Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DigableCat

DigableCat Senior Member
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    GPM,
    PM me, I'll give the appropriate names and info for who you need to talk to.
    DC