NEED HELP! Ohio State vs. Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

prohunter7mv

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone...I am stuck trying to decide between Ohio State and Kentucky and any help would be greatly appreciated. I would be paying in-state tuition for OSU and out of state for UK so that is one deciding factor. I am also aware of the huge difference in class size. Any input would be greatly appreciated to help make this decision just a little bit easier. Thanks a ton!
 
I personally like Kentucky. got my acceptance nov. 30th. you won't find a nicer group of people than those at UK. you get a small class size in a non-competitive atmosphere, Kim Bryan as the dean of student affairs, a support system that wants to see you be the best dentist possible, a top-notch world-renowed center for facial pain, and you could keep on going. OSU and UK are two different types of schools. what i like about UK is that they are responsive to students needs, care about you even if you havn't been accepted or are not currently applying, and you get a personal touch that you can't get at OSU. you asked for my opinion, and there it is.

I am not trying to slam OSU, it is simply deciding what kind of atmosphere you want to be in. Both are great schools, but Kentucky seems to be on the ball more in most areas. just ask the UK students. however, this is just an opinion of a fellow applicant (an outsiders view). I don't know the inner workings of OSU. Best of luck with the decision, you can't go wrong. You're going to be a dentist!

p.s. I'm deciding between UK, Penn, and OSU. I'm an Ohio resident and I huge Buckeye fan.
 
Even though, I'm biased against Kentucky, because those bums denied me without even an interview, I'd probably pick Kentucky over Ohio State.