Need Help Please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goose...Fraba

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys,
I am getting pimped like mad repeatedly everyday about this little freaking thing, and I need your help/suggestions. There is a small radio opaque circle in what I think is the Aqueduct of Sylvius or the 3rd ventricle. All I know is it is not a tumor or an abnormality supposedly it is part of the normal anatomy. Someone suggested circle of willis? I was thinking mamillary bodies but I am not sure if that would be radio opaque? any thoughts?

thanks
goose

Members don't see this ad.

Goose...Fraba said:
Guys,
I am getting pimped like mad repeatedly everyday about this little freaking thing, and I need your help/suggestions. There is a small radio opaque circle in what I think is the Aqueduct of Sylvius or the 3rd ventricle. All I know is it is not a tumor or an abnormality supposedly it is part of the normal anatomy. Someone suggested circle of willis? I was thinking mamillary bodies but I am not sure if that would be radio opaque? any thoughts?

thanks
goose

A picture is worth a thousand words....
Um... so do you have a picture of it?

hans19 said:
A picture is worth a thousand words....
Um... so do you have a picture of it?

Is it choroid plexus calcification? If that's a ridiculous guess, it's b/c I haven't used my brain in over 3 months. The medical part of my brain that is. The side that finds the bar or determines how much I can drink and still get up by noon the next day, is working just fine :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Pineal gland perhaps?

Santiago said:

Santiago,
Yes! Yes! it does look like the calcification in the 2nd image of on that link! Heres the problem though, according to this radiologist its not a tumor or cyst and is supposedly a normal finding. thanks again to all who posted I really appreciate it!
goose

Goose...Fraba said:
Guys,

thanks
goose

The only normal circular thing that can be radiopaque in the 3rd ventricle (not aqueduct) is a calcified 3rd ventricular choroid plexus (not common). Anything else is either not radiopaque, not in the third ventricle, or not normal. There is no normal radiopaque structure in the aqueduct. There are other radiopque structures in the vicinity but not in the 3rd.

I concur with Docxter.
Colloid cysts are not normal findings.
Could be calcified 3rd ventricular CP.

GL, and glad to be of any help.

It's not exactly in the aqueduct, but based on your description I'd bet money that Vriesea is right with Pineal gland. It calcifies with age (if you've got an ancient doc, call it "brain sand" and he/she will love you), and it's sort of in the general vicinity of where you're talking about.

Goose...Fraba said:
Guys,

thanks
goose

thanks again for all your help, Ill give it a whirl see what the old man says :laugh: brain sand, thats good, I like that.
goose