Need help ranking these programs please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Steelers82

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to get some opinions on how I should rank the following programs. Or simply, if you have very strong opinions about any of them for whatever reason, please let me know. Thank you!

· U Texas Med Sch-Houston
· Georgetown Univ Hosp-DC
· U North Carolina Hospitals
· U Florida COM-Shands Hosp
· Baylor Coll Med-Houston-TX
· UIC

Members don't see this ad.

I can't speak for the others but I would rank UT Houston over Baylor. It is in much better financial and even academic standing than Baylor currently. Across the board, UT Houston is well represented in all of the big fields. They lack cognitive neurology expertise though. The residents work really really hard though, so if you're looking for a chill residency, this one isn't it. Its not malignant, just intense with work but the residents leave very confident after having tons of autonomy. However, both are good programs and you can't go wrong either way. I have heard that UNC is one of the hidden gems to look out for. Sorry I couldn't help more but best of luck in the match. Just a month to go!

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with UNC. Out of the Florida Neuro programs, Miami is the one that counts (but you do not have it listed). Florida lacks of great patient diversity because of its location and surrounding population.

Georgetown used to be malignant with a lot of VA time in the first year. it may have changed in the last few years.

Would agree with above. UT-H is much better value than Baylor and definititely UNC is another gem.