need help regarding application for uni of michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cooldeal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,

i really need ur help regarding this requirement for application to univ of michigan
# (4) documented proof of license to practice from a Ministry of Health or appropriate governing body,
i wanted to know as to where to get this from & what is it....i would be really thankful if u guys could help me out

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

cooldeal said:
hi all,

i really need ur help regarding this requirement for application to univ of michigan
# (4) documented proof of license to practice from a Ministry of Health or appropriate governing body,
i wanted to know as to where to get this from & what is it....i would be really thankful if u guys could help me out

thanks
This helps if you are Indian.
After BDS did you not register at your State Dental Council (Part A or B, I dont remember)..thats what it is.
It says someting like ...so and so is liscensed to practice dentistry

D(M)ental said:
This helps if you are Indian.
After BDS did you not register at your State Dental Council (Part A or B, I dont remember)..thats what it is.
It says someting like ...so and so is liscensed to practice dentistry

thanks d(m)ental for ur reply,yes i am from india ,yes i have the registration is it ok if i just send them a copy .....thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
cooldeal said:
thanks d(m)ental for ur reply,yes i am from india ,yes i have the registration is it ok if i just send them a copy .....thanks
I guess..thats what I am going to do :)

hi,
i plan to apply to u mich too. just starting with the application process.could u pls post ur stats here...anyone else applying to u mich, also pls post here.

my part i-89
gpa 3.3
part 2, toefl, yet to take.

any comments abt u michigan, anyone whos been for their earlier interviews or any idea abt the school, pls reply here, thanks in advance.

preetha said:
hi,
i plan to apply to u mich too. just starting with the application process.could u pls post ur stats here...anyone else applying to u mich, also pls post here.

my part i-89
gpa 3.3

any comments abt u michigan, anyone whos been for their earlier interviews or any idea abt the school, pls reply here, thanks in advance.
Hi
What is d deadline plz for 2007

Rossu said:
Hi
What is d deadline plz for 2007

Hi Rossu, the application deadline for 2007 is october 20 2006.

stelon said:

Thanx a lot Stelon

do you have any idea how many seats are there in univ of michigan?
I am surprised this univ is not mentioned in the list of dental schools on the ada website!
ana

there r 8 seats in umich for the advanced standing programme

hey guys,
does anyone know if university of michigan has a rolling admission or they consider all applications after the deadline?does early application help there?please reply, thanks

godbless said:
hey guys,
does anyone know if university of michigan has a rolling admission or they consider all applications after the deadline?does early application help there?please reply, thanks

I think it is not rolling admissions...they will consider all the applications together once the deadline of Oct 20th , 2006 is over... In their website they have mentioned that in the first week of December they will give e-mail to all the candidates who are selected for interview and practical exam which will be conducted in the first or second week of January..

:thumbup: Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
preetha said:
hi,

my part i-89
gpa 3.3

Hi ,
I am also planning to apply to U Mich too..
My stats are -
Part-1 --- 89
ECE GPA --- 3.41
TOEFL ( paper based ) --- 640 /677
Part-2 --- Yet to take
Work Experience --- 10 + yrs

This is the first time I am applyling ... so no idea about the interview / school / etc...

:thumbup: Good Luck to ALL of us who are applying to U Mich....

I have a doubt: How do we send the NBDE scores to the universities? Do we send a coppy of our score report or ask to ADA to send it directly to universities we choose?

I Know that is a silly question, but I am really confused about it..
Please, help.

stelon said:
hai all
can anybody give me information if we can reactivate the application at michigan university,I applied last year.
or do we need to send documents and fees again? :scared:
thanks in advance

thaizemelo said:
I have a doubt: How do we send the NBDE scores to the universities? Do we send a coppy of our score report or ask to ADA to send it directly to universities we choose?

I Know that is a silly question, but I am really confused about it..
Please, help.
hi most of the universitites want the scores sent directly to them but i think u mich accepts notarised copies from the candidates..its on their website....

anjoliey said:
hi most of the universitites want the scores sent directly to them but i think u mich accepts notarised copies from the candidates..its on their website....

Thanks Anjoley for your response. However I am still confused. As I am not at USA, do you know how can I do notorized copies of the secore report?

Another question: Does anyone know what is the code number of the university of Michigan to the toefl?

thaizemelo said:
Thanks Anjoley for your response. However I am still confused. As I am not at USA, do you know how can I do notorized copies of the secore report?

Another question: Does anyone know what is the code number of the university of Michigan to the toefl?

As you are not in USA i think you should send score directly from ADA.
the code is 1839 for Uni Of Michigan.
http://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/TOEFL/pdf/TOEFL Test Centers.pdf

The University of Michigan is an excellent school. Definitely not boring, they work in teams much of the times, especially in the clinical setting. The town is absolutely gorgeous, and the people are great! Definitely bangs your buck if you apply there and actually go there.

hey guys,

I too am looking at applying to umich..however after hearing how intense their practical exam is-simulated pt exercise,composite preps etc...besides i havent appeared for part 2 so not familiar with d clinical questions..im a little sceptical whether to even give it a shot!!!besides someone mentioned that they have only 8 seats...is that true??how hard is it to get into mich?any current students there,hav any advice for us??

is it so that u mich requires p2 scores....well why everybody is talking about p2 for u mich.....can anybody pls answer.
thankz.

michigan needs part one ...thats what their website says

i beleive said:
is it so that u mich requires p2 scores....well why everybody is talking about p2 for u mich.....can anybody pls answer.
thankz.

hi deepa i am also planing to apply to umich i went there and i came to know that last year out of 8 only 2 had given their part 2 .......

so i dont think they care for part2 all that much any way all the best

cdc said:
hi deepa i am also planing to apply to umich i went there and i came to know that last year out of 8 only 2 had given their part 2 .......

so i dont think they care for part2 all that much any way all the best
hey wat does CDC stand for?plz reply