need help regarding application for uni of michigan

cooldeal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2005
  1. Dental Student
    hi all,

i really need ur help regarding this requirement for application to univ of michigan
    # (4) documented proof of license to practice from a Ministry of Health or appropriate governing body,
    i wanted to know as to where to get this from & what is it....i would be really thankful if u guys could help me out

thanks

D(M)ental

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Dec 2, 2005
    1. Dental Student
      cooldeal said:
      hi all,

i really need ur help regarding this requirement for application to univ of michigan
      # (4) documented proof of license to practice from a Ministry of Health or appropriate governing body,
      i wanted to know as to where to get this from & what is it....i would be really thankful if u guys could help me out

thanks
      This helps if you are Indian.
      After BDS did you not register at your State Dental Council (Part A or B, I dont remember)..thats what it is.
      It says someting like ...so and so is liscensed to practice dentistry

cooldeal

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Dec 22, 2005
      1. Dental Student
        D(M)ental said:
        This helps if you are Indian.
        After BDS did you not register at your State Dental Council (Part A or B, I dont remember)..thats what it is.
        It says someting like ...so and so is liscensed to practice dentistry

thanks d(m)ental for ur reply,yes i am from india ,yes i have the registration is it ok if i just send them a copy .....thanks

About the Ads

preetha

10+ Year Member
        May 17, 2006
          hi,
          i plan to apply to u mich too. just starting with the application process.could u pls post ur stats here...anyone else applying to u mich, also pls post here.

my part i-89
          gpa 3.3
          part 2, toefl, yet to take.

any comments abt u michigan, anyone whos been for their earlier interviews or any idea abt the school, pls reply here, thanks in advance.

Rossu

Smile Maker
          10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Nov 28, 2005
            preetha said:
            hi,
            i plan to apply to u mich too. just starting with the application process.could u pls post ur stats here...anyone else applying to u mich, also pls post here.

my part i-89
            gpa 3.3

any comments abt u michigan, anyone whos been for their earlier interviews or any idea abt the school, pls reply here, thanks in advance.
            Hi
            What is d deadline plz for 2007

godbless

10+ Year Member
            7+ Year Member
            Dec 15, 2005
            1. Pre-Dental
              hey guys,
              does anyone know if university of michigan has a rolling admission or they consider all applications after the deadline?does early application help there?please reply, thanks

HYDBDS

10+ Year Member
              7+ Year Member
              Jul 6, 2006
              1. Non-Student
                godbless said:
                hey guys,
                does anyone know if university of michigan has a rolling admission or they consider all applications after the deadline?does early application help there?please reply, thanks

I think it is not rolling admissions...they will consider all the applications together once the deadline of Oct 20th , 2006 is over... In their website they have mentioned that in the first week of December they will give e-mail to all the candidates who are selected for interview and practical exam which will be conducted in the first or second week of January..

:thumbup: Good Luck

About the Ads

HYDBDS

10+ Year Member
                7+ Year Member
                Jul 6, 2006
                1. Non-Student
                  preetha said:
                  hi,

my part i-89
                  gpa 3.3

Hi ,
                  I am also planning to apply to U Mich too..
                  My stats are -
                  Part-1 --- 89
                  ECE GPA --- 3.41
                  TOEFL ( paper based ) --- 640 /677
                  Part-2 --- Yet to take
                  Work Experience --- 10 + yrs

This is the first time I am applyling ... so no idea about the interview / school / etc...

:thumbup: Good Luck to ALL of us who are applying to U Mich....

thaizemelo

thaizemelo
                  10+ Year Member
                  5+ Year Member
                  Jul 31, 2004
                  Brazil
                    I have a doubt: How do we send the NBDE scores to the universities? Do we send a coppy of our score report or ask to ADA to send it directly to universities we choose?

I Know that is a silly question, but I am really confused about it..
                    Please, help.

anjoliey

10+ Year Member
                    15+ Year Member
                    Nov 17, 2003
                    USA
                      thaizemelo said:
                      I have a doubt: How do we send the NBDE scores to the universities? Do we send a coppy of our score report or ask to ADA to send it directly to universities we choose?

I Know that is a silly question, but I am really confused about it..
                      Please, help.
                      hi most of the universitites want the scores sent directly to them but i think u mich accepts notarised copies from the candidates..its on their website....

thaizemelo

thaizemelo
                      10+ Year Member
                      5+ Year Member
                      Jul 31, 2004
                      Brazil
                        anjoliey said:
                        hi most of the universitites want the scores sent directly to them but i think u mich accepts notarised copies from the candidates..its on their website....

Thanks Anjoley for your response. However I am still confused. As I am not at USA, do you know how can I do notorized copies of the secore report?

Another question: Does anyone know what is the code number of the university of Michigan to the toefl?

dr_pm

10+ Year Member
                        5+ Year Member
                        Oct 7, 2004
                        1. Dentist
                          thaizemelo said:
                          Thanks Anjoley for your response. However I am still confused. As I am not at USA, do you know how can I do notorized copies of the secore report?

Another question: Does anyone know what is the code number of the university of Michigan to the toefl?

As you are not in USA i think you should send score directly from ADA.
                          the code is 1839 for Uni Of Michigan.
                          http://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/TOEFL/pdf/TOEFL Test Centers.pdf

akademiks1989

10+ Year Member
                          5+ Year Member
                          Aug 3, 2006
                          1. Medical Student
                            The University of Michigan is an excellent school. Definitely not boring, they work in teams much of the times, especially in the clinical setting. The town is absolutely gorgeous, and the people are great! Definitely bangs your buck if you apply there and actually go there.

rachna

10+ Year Member
                            5+ Year Member
                            Jan 28, 2006
                            1. Dental Student
                              hey guys,

I too am looking at applying to umich..however after hearing how intense their practical exam is-simulated pt exercise,composite preps etc...besides i havent appeared for part 2 so not familiar with d clinical questions..im a little sceptical whether to even give it a shot!!!besides someone mentioned that they have only 8 seats...is that true??how hard is it to get into mich?any current students there,hav any advice for us??

cdc

10+ Year Member
                              5+ Year Member
                              Dec 20, 2005
                              1. Dental Student
                                i beleive said:
                                is it so that u mich requires p2 scores....well why everybody is talking about p2 for u mich.....can anybody pls answer.
                                thankz.

hi deepa i am also planing to apply to umich i went there and i came to know that last year out of 8 only 2 had given their part 2 .......

so i dont think they care for part2 all that much any way all the best

About the Ads
                                This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                7. This thread is locked.