Need Help with List of Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newspore

Reaction score
Hello all. Re-inventor here.

Could you please help me with a list of D.O. schools to apply to? And with my stats should I try MD schools as well? I actually submitted my application for verification yesterday - delayed by my personal statement which took longer than I expected. I know that I'm still ok for the D.O. cycle but should I still try for M.D.?

I am ORM from California. Graduated from a UC in 2017 with an upward GPA trend from my junior year to senior year.
My CGPA is 3.23 and SGPA is 3.21.
I included my postbac grades in this GPA.

35 units of postbac upper division science classes at a 4 year university - GPA 3.99.
My GPA for the last 90 units I have taken are CGPA: 3.81 and SGPA: 3.83.
Some of the classes I took include Physiology, Anatomy, Medical Microbiology, Histology, and Hematology. I also took Medical Terminology (2 units) and EMT (9 units) at different universities.

My MCAT released today was: 510

@Goro @Faha

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello all. Re-inventor here.

Could you please help me with a list of D.O. schools to apply to? And with my stats should I try MD schools as well? I actually submitted my application for verification yesterday - delayed by my personal statement which took longer than I expected. I know that I'm still ok for the D.O. cycle but should I still try for M.D.?

I am ORM from California. Graduated from a UC in 2017 with an upward GPA trend from my junior year to senior year.
My CGPA is 3.23 and SGPA is 3.21.
I included my postbac grades in this GPA.

35 units of postbac upper division science classes at a 4 year university - GPA 3.99.
My GPA for the last 90 units I have taken are CGPA: 3.81 and SGPA: 3.83.
Some of the classes I took include Physiology, Anatomy, Medical Microbiology, Histology, and Hematology. I also took Medical Terminology (2 units) and EMT (9 units) at different universities.

My MCAT released today was: 510

@Goro @Faha

Thanks!
I recommend:
UCD
UCI
UCR (IF you’re from the Inland Empire)
Albany
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
Wayne State
Netter
Drexel
Creighton
Loyola
Seton Hall
Nova MD
TCU/UNT
CUSM

Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CalHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites.

Suggest:
Touro-CA
Both Westerns
TUNCOM
PacNW
BCOM
AZCOM
UIW
ICOM
DMU
KCOM
CCOM
KCU
LECOM (all)
Both AR schools

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello @Angus Avagadro and @Goro , thank you so much for your input and time.
For extracurriculars, I have:

Clinical:
Internal Medicine Clinic Volunteer: 70 hours
Rehabilitation Hospital Volunteer: 194 hours
IHSS Health Provider (ongoing): 965 hours

Shadowing:
Internal Medicine MD: 35 hours
Rehab and Sports Medicine DO : 48 hours

Non-Clinical:
Food Bank Volunteer (ongoing): 340 hours

Other:
EMT Training Fieldwork (ER Shifts and Ambulance/Fire ride-alongs): 50 hours

Based on these, what MD schools do you think I might have a good shot at?