Need Help With MCAT CARS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tkh525

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm fairly new to SDN so excuse me for any rookie mistakes.
I am a prospective freshman in College and knowing myself, I know that i will have trouble with the verbal section of the MCAT. I know some might say that it is long time from now but please bear to listen my story:

I immigrated from Pakistan my freshman year of high school. English was actually my third language and I hadn't spoken English until i came to the U.S. My SAT critical reading scores weren't that great either.
I wanted to ask, what can i do for the next 3-4 years to improve my Verbal/Cars score. I have tons of practice sources such as EK101, TBR, TPR, Kaplan, and AAMC practice tests.

Hence, to my basic question: what can i do to be better at CARS ?

Thank you very much.

Members don't see this ad.

Hence, to my basic question: what can i do to be better at CARS ?

A great place to start is Testing Solution's 30-day CARS plan. It's a long read, so you'll need to pace yourself. But in my opinion, it is the best thing for CARS at SDN by a large margin. You have to buy into it fully. If you have any hesitation or resistance or expectations that it will be easy, then it won't be as effective. But if you are willing to take each thing to heart and put it into practice, those skills will raise your score.

Last edited: