Need Help with School List/Chances as Reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drtoodleloo

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I applied this last cycle to both MD and DO schools and was sadly waitlisted to two DO schools and have not yet been accepted. Therefore, I am reapplying. I live in New York City, am an ORM (Asian American) and am planning on only applying to DO schools. I recently graduated undergrad and am looking for some advice.

My stats are:
MCAT (3x taker): 1st attempt: 491 , 2nd attempt: 496, 3rd attempt: 501
Cgpa: 3.61
Sgpa: 3.22

I have a strong set of extracurriculars and a lot of hours shadowing physicians. Some activities include dance team, tutoring, teaching hs students, shadowing, research, lab, literary magazine, journal club, and more.

To improve my app I am in a Masters Program of Biology in my gap year and am aiming to earn a 4.0.

My list as of now includes:
NYITCOM- NY
LECOM
WVSOM
TouroCOM
RowanSOM

Please let me know if you guys think I have a chance at this cycle and what schools I should add. If you need more information just let me know!! Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Rowan admits few non residents. I suggest adding these schools to your list:
UNECOM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
UP-KYCOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
ACOM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
BCOM
ICOM
Noorda-COM
LMU-DCOM
ATSU-SOMA

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Rowan admits few non residents. I suggest adding these schools to your list:
UNECOM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
UP-KYCOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
ACOM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
BCOM
ICOM
Noorda-COM
LMU-DCOM
ATSU-SOMA
Thank you so much for a thorough list! Do you think I could have a good chance at these schools?