Need honest opinions about my standings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dhua

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here's my current standings:

3.0 Cumulative
3.3 Major GPA (Bio Courses)

Others:
Eagle Scout
Clinical Research Assistant (4 Years)
Marketing & Advertising Intern (1 Year)

I have yet to take the MCAT, but realistically speaking I don't see myself scoring incredibly amazing (39-45)

I do however have the confidence that I can score ~30

Would the above be good enough to get accepted to a US Medical School? (Would prefer not to take the DO route or Ross)

Or should I do some Post-Bac/Grad/SMP? I'm also taking the GRE's and I'm fairly certain my current standings + decent GRE's would land me a spot in a decent grad school program.

Any and all opinions would be appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

I would definitely go the SMP route if you don't want to do DO.

Postbacc/SMP. 3.0/3.3 c/sGPA isn't going to get you an interview at a MD school. If you can raise it to a 3.4(cGPA) you would have a good shot along with a 30+ MCAT. Good luck!

With a 30+ MCAT score, a cGPA > 3.0, and some recent excellent science grades and upward grade trend to show your potential, you can get into an SMP (See Postbaccalaureate programs Forum for details, attn to Dr Midlife's sticky at the top).

With an SMP GPA of 3.7+ (where you are competing with current med students), you have a decent shot at an acceptance to a US MD school, as many institutions let the SMP GPA override the poor undergrad GPA.