Need opinions on my score PLEASE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rita10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Verbal: SS (384) PR (21)
Biology: SS (418) PR (74)
Reading Comp: SS (384) PR (23)
Quantitative: SS (397) PR (41)
Chemistry: SS (443) PR (95)

Composite: SS (405) PR (57)

How bad is this score? how should i improve on verbal, reading and math? Thank you for anyones help!

Members don't see this ad.

Reading there isn't many things you can do but try a lot of practice tests and find ur best strategy. Math look over basic calc functions time yourself!!! Then verbal if u have Collins review those and if u don't then just use SAT words or similar

Verbal: SS (384) PR (21)
Biology: SS (418) PR (74)
Reading Comp: SS (384) PR (23)
Quantitative: SS (397) PR (41)
Chemistry: SS (443) PR (95)

Composite: SS (405) PR (57)

How bad is this score? how should i improve on verbal, reading and math? Thank you for anyones help!

I scored in the 57 percentile and was granted an interview from the only school that I have applied.

It depends on your other stats. I think you would need a pretty high GPA and lots of EC hours to make up for your PCAT score... You did well on the science sections but you should work on the others. Use Kaplan for reading comprehension and verbal, and use Dr. Collins for verbal and math. For reading you just have to work on focusing on the passage and understanding it well enough so you can go back through it quickly to answer the questions. I'm assuming you probably ran out of time for math, so you need to do lots of timed practice questions to increase your pace and skip the questions that will take too long to solve. I studied for verbal using Kaplan flashcards and Dr. Collins packets, even had some of the same questions on the real test, but to improve I've read that people memorize some GRE vocabulary list.

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on your other stats. I think you would need a pretty high GPA and lots of EC hours to make up for your PCAT score... You did well on the science sections but you should work on the others. Use Kaplan for reading comprehension and verbal, and use Dr. Collins for verbal and math. For reading you just have to work on focusing on the passage and understanding it well enough so you can go back through it quickly to answer the questions. I'm assuming you probably ran out of time for math, so you need to do lots of timed practice questions to increase your pace and skip the questions that will take too long to solve. I studied for verbal using Kaplan flashcards and Dr. Collins packets, even had some of the same questions on the real test, but to improve I've read that people memorize some GRE vocabulary list.

I did memorize the GRE list, or most of it, and it really helped.