Need Some Advice On What To Do Next

Started by anktheonc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

anktheonc

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here is the run-down. MD/DO are the same for me.

Applied a little bit later in the fall, around October-ish(my mistake) to schools generally in the South East(also my mistake).

I interviewed at 1, LECOM-B, and got subsequently waitlisted.
Rejected from:
KCU-COM
VCOM (all 3 campuses)
CCOM
LMU-DCOM

Still waiting to hear back from:
NYIT-COM (Arkansas campus as well; assuming rejection)
PCOM (assuming rejection at both campuses)
OSU-COM (assuming rejection)
LECOM-E
NOVA (assuming rejection)
WVSOM

Stats:
3.12 science GPA
503 MCAT
Good LOR's (I think)
2 publications
Worked in 2 pretty high-end research labs (stem-cell and breast cancer)
Plenty of shadowing and volunteering

So I'm trying to have a back-up plan.

Should I try another cycle and apply early and broad af?
Or the post-bacc route?
I've looked into:
LMU Masters (there seems to be some linkage)
LECOM Post-bac (linkage)
VCOM (linkage)
USF's 1-year masters (idk about linkage)

I think MD schools are shot because my undergrad GPA would get me auto-screened.
Just looking for some other opinions.