Need Some Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabaDO

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I needed some advice on what the next steps for me are.

I've applied to many of the DO schools and have not heard back yet.
My stats are: b.s. in biology, mcat 25, gpa 3.4, got some c's in science classes, but have summer research as well as getting a masters in public health.
I sent my apps. in completed over a month ago and have not heard back from any of the schools, what am I doing wrong or what should I be doing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

wannabaDO said:
Hi. I needed some advice on what the next steps for me are.

I've applied to many of the DO schools and have not heard back yet.
My stats are: b.s. in biology, mcat 25, gpa 3.4, got some c's in science classes, but have summer research as well as getting a masters in public health.
I sent my apps. in completed over a month ago and have not heard back from any of the schools, what am I doing wrong or what should I be doing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Have you sent in your letter of recommendations? I assume you have since you said you're complete. Maybe you should call each school to see what's holding you up.

This is prime time, and this is why people give the advice to apply early. Your application is probably sitting in some huge backed-up pile of prime time applications because all of the August MCAT takers, procrastinators, and people who don't get invaluable advice from SDN just sent in their applications like you did. Give the school a call to “check on your application status”, this may get it looked at and thrown on the top of the pile. Hope is not lost of course but you will just need to have patience. Each school is different, some have their classes filled by January, and others fill them more slowly. NYCOM just started interviewing and UMDNJ is one of the slower schools. Hang in there, the waiting game a tough time.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should call them. They might not have all your letters. You have to take the responsibility to ensure everything is received because they will not keep track of your stuff for you (unless you are complete then they will send you an email). I had to call one of my schools 4 times because they kept losing my letters of reference in some pile. Two days after it was resolved, I got an invite. So the moral of the story is: call them!

good luck!

I emailed and called the schools that were slow. They got back to me with app statue the next day and they were SO nice about it.