Need some advise-prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arca

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to apply for DPM school and hoping to start Fall 2009 and I have some questions reguarding the pre-requisite classes. Do POD schools frown uppon students that have taken some of their prerequisite classes in a community college? While I have taken all my biology classes in a 4-year college, I have taken most of chemistry classes at a community college and I'm wondering how this may set me back. Also, is it a requirement that you complete all prerequisites prior to applying or even interviewing for POD school, I have not taken the 2nd Physics and I will not be able to take it until next spring (the semester before school starts).

Thanks in advance for your input,
Carol

Members don't see this ad.

I want to apply for DPM school and hoping to start Fall 2009 and I have some questions reguarding the pre-requisite classes. Do POD schools frown uppon students that have taken some of their prerequisite classes in a community college? While I have taken all my biology classes in a 4-year college, I have taken most of chemistry classes at a community college and I'm wondering how this may set me back. Also, is it a requirement that you complete all prerequisites prior to applying or even interviewing for POD school, I have not taken the 2nd Physics and I will not be able to take it until next spring (the semester before school starts).

Thanks in advance for your input,
Carol

I completed several courses at the community college level. I had no problem with any of the schools I applied to. I was accepted at all that I interviewed with.

I am not sure how they handle not being finished with the courses prior to interview b/c I was already done. You may want to contact the schools that you are interested in to find out what their requirements are.

no, it is not required that you take all pre-reqs before you apply and are interviewed. you may even be accepted without all pre-reqs, but they will eventually need your final transcript with all the pre-reqs and grades before the first day of classes... you should be fine