Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Need some advise-prerequisites

Discussion in 'Pre-Podiatry Students' started by arca, Jun 1, 2008.

1. arca

Pre-Podiatry
    I want to apply for DPM school and hoping to start Fall 2009 and I have some questions reguarding the pre-requisite classes. Do POD schools frown uppon students that have taken some of their prerequisite classes in a community college? While I have taken all my biology classes in a 4-year college, I have taken most of chemistry classes at a community college and I'm wondering how this may set me back. Also, is it a requirement that you complete all prerequisites prior to applying or even interviewing for POD school, I have not taken the 2nd Physics and I will not be able to take it until next spring (the semester before school starts).

Thanks in advance for your input,
    Carol

2. txlioness

txlioness Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I completed several courses at the community college level. I had no problem with any of the schools I applied to. I was accepted at all that I interviewed with.

I am not sure how they handle not being finished with the courses prior to interview b/c I was already done. You may want to contact the schools that you are interested in to find out what their requirements are.

3. DRCM

DRCM DRCM
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    no, it is not required that you take all pre-reqs before you apply and are interviewed. you may even be accepted without all pre-reqs, but they will eventually need your final transcript with all the pre-reqs and grades before the first day of classes... you should be fine