Need Some Feedback Now That Applications are Due...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MADMV3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, below I wrote about myself. I'm getting nervous and anxious about the applications I have already submitted and submitting soon. Does anyone have any feedback? I changed my major after two years of undergrad and received a 3.6 GPA my last 3 semesters of college. Worked hard to bring my GPA up and have taken a few courses over again for a better grade. Didn't do amazing on verbal and quant on my first time on the GRE, hoping to bring up both scores to at least 152 minimum.

You guys think have a chance into getting into the programs I listed, or any recommendations of any programs I should look into?

University:
University of Maryland - College Park
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.34 (calculated by PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.4 (depending on program taking highest grade).
GRE: 149 Verbal, 150 Quant, 5.0 Writing (1st time). Second time on Oct. 13th.

Observation Hours:
  • 217 hours of outpatient (2 different settings).
  • 43 hours of inpatient (1 setting).
  • Currently working an inpatient setting as a rehab aide.
Extra-Curricular:
Founder/President/Senior advisor of Liberty in North Korea Rescue Team, four years of intramural sports, Korean Campus Ministry, guitar teacher, member/eboard of a professional fraternity, and secretary of habitat for humanity.

Volunteer:
Undergraduate learning assistant for biology, Praise team member, counselor, and mentor at my church, volunteer at a retirement living center, clinician at the children developmental clinic, and vacation bible school game leader/praise team leader/group leader.

Employment:
Rehabilitation assistant for an inpatient hospital, resident assistant at the University of Maryland, barista/kitchen staff at Kung Fu Tea, and weight/fitness staff and university’s gym.

Letter of Recommendations:
2 from PT’s, 1 from professor, and 1 from pastor.

Applying to:
Boston University, Elon University, George Washington University, Marymount University, MCPHS University, Shenandoah University, Temple University, University of Maryland - Baltimore, University of Maryland - Eastern Shore, University of New England, University of Washington, University of Pittsburgh.

Members don't see this ad.