Need Some Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not sure if the equivalents are actually what schools are looking for or if they have a new benchmark, but a quick google search pulled this:
http://www.happyschoolsblog.com/old-gre-to-new-gre-score-converter/

Here is simple old to new GRE Score converter.
Old GRE Scores New GRE Scores
New GRE Scores spread = 41 (170 – 130)
Old GRE spread = 61 (200 to 800)

BTW, Go Mean Green! :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Westward Lord,

According to the new scale from Drum Head, your scores appear to be significantly improved and are in fact, quite competitive. If I'm looking at the scale correctly, it would be over 1200.

Here is another scale from ETS: http://www.ets.org/s/gre/pdf/score_scale_guide.pdf

It's the new scale but look at the percentiles and take that information and compare those percentiles with the old chart. I think you can find it on wikipedia.

Average GRE scores at competitive programs are around 1100-1200 (keep in mind that half would do worse than the average while half would do better). Your GRE scores should help offset the lower GPA quite a bit. I found that was the case for me and I got into the programs I wanted. Just keep chugging away at that personal statement as I'm sure you are. A good statement will take you even further.

You should be very proud of yourself :). I know you worked hard for it. Congrats!

Thanks guys.

The scores on the previous page were from a practice test, which are about 1300 something.

I officially took the GRE on Tuesday of this week and got 155Q / 154V which according to ETS equates to about a 1230. I guess I did pretty good then.