Need your help- What's in DAT Quantitative Reasoning section ?( like what type of math)

Started by JoRony
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JoRony

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
New to this place (glad I found it very helpful)

Need to brush up on my math . Those who took DAT recently , can you please name all the differently types of math one need to know( all the math topics) . Also any suggestion on materials I should look into to brush up on math. (sorry if its a little dum question)
 
algebra, geometry, statistics.

You can find any DAT study guide because most of them will have a good representation of the math section.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

Attachments

  • IMG_2886.JPG
    IMG_2886.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 152
I thought these were replaced with QC now? To my understanding they were phasing them out over the summer and I would have thought that by now they would no longer be included (unless you get a rare QC trig problem?).
I'm not sure to be honest. I took mine on April 3rd and had 0 trig/geometry questions. But I read that people who took their exams in the summer had trig and geometry.
 
Per pages 7-8 of the 2017 DAT Guide:
- Algebra (equations and expressions, inequalities, exponential notation, absolute value, ratios and proportions, and graphical analysis)
- Data Analysis, Interpretation, and Sufficiency
- Quantitative Comparison
- Probability and Statistics
 
I thought these were replaced with QC now? To my understanding they were phasing them out over the summer and I would have thought that by now they would no longer be included (unless you get a rare QC trig problem?).
I'm not sure to be honest. I took mine on April 3rd and had 0 trig/geometry questions. But I read that people who took their exams in the summer had trig and geometry.
So I took mine in August, and while I didn't have any straightforward trig/geometry, there were some questions (both QC and not) that used the principles found in those two subjects to solve them (like know area, surface area, volume, angles, SohCahToa, etc). Nothing too crazy. If you look through the Math Destroyer and BC, you should be prepared for the real thing. 🙂 If you have a weak math foundation, look into Chad's QR videos, Khan Academy, Kaplan BB, or just Youtube to find tips & tricks. Hope this helps! 🙂