Needing TEE certified MDA in NH for consistent weekends. Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Drunken Duck

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any connections to a TEE certified Anesthesiologist for NH area weekend work.
Very great pay for this opportunity.
Thoughts?
If you need more info about the opportunity, please PM me. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

thoughts? I've never heard of an MDA. I know MDs, though. Also I don't think you are allowed to advertise on this forum.

Reactions: 2 users
You need a tee certified methylenedioxyamphetamine? I don't understand the premise

Members don't see this ad :)
what is great pay for this opportunity? 1200 per 8 hour... ?

Actually, it is quite good pay for this situation. It's a weekend schedule from Friday to Sunday, in which you would be paid for 48 hours straight. Mathematically, it would be over $8,000 per "shift."

thoughts? I've never heard of an MDA. I know MDs, though. Also I don't think you are allowed to advertise on this forum.

MDA would be short for Medical Doctor of Anesthesia.
I'm not advertising, just looking around for resources and getting market knowledge.

MDA would be short for Medical Doctor of Anesthesia.
I'm not advertising, just looking around for resources and getting market knowledge.

ahh, thanks. There is no such thing as a Medical Doctor of Anesthesia. It's called MD, Medical Doctor. MD of Anesthesia is as incorrect as MD of Surgery or MD of Cardiology. If you'd like to say an MD that is board certified in Anesthesiology, that would be OK too.

ahh, thanks. There is no such thing as a Medical Doctor of Anesthesia. It's called MD, Medical Doctor. MD of Anesthesia is as incorrect as MD of Surgery or MD of Cardiology. If you'd like to say an MD that is board certified in Anesthesiology, that would be OK too.

MDA is a used, albeit rarely used, acronym for an Anesthesia MD. I've personally seen it frequently, and I think it would get the point across on this forum, however, I will simply state "MD" from now on.
Thank you.

MDA is a used, albeit rarely used, acronym for an Anesthesia MD. I've personally seen it frequently, and I think it would get the point across on this forum, however, I will simply state "MD" from now on.
Thank you.

you are welcome

MDA is an offensive term to physicians mostly used by CRNAs to blur the line between themselves and MDs.

Reactions: 3 users
Actually, it is quite good pay for this situation. It's a weekend schedule from Friday to Sunday, in which you would be paid for 48 hours straight. Mathematically, it would be over $8,000 per "shift."

So what are you defining as a "shift?" Is that $8,000 for the 48 hour "shift?" If so, that works out to be around $165 per hour. I made more moonlighting in a nursing home as a resident with a state medical license, but no board certification.

I'll withhold my snarky remark until I confirm suspicions.

So what are you defining as a "shift?" Is that $8,000 for the 48 hour "shift?" If so, that works out to be around $165 per hour. I made more moonlighting in a nursing home as a resident with a state medical license, but no board certification.

I'll withhold my snarky remark until I confirm suspicions.

I enjoy snarky remarks. It builds my database of rebukes that I can pull from.
Yes, you get paid for every hour for the 48 hours, even though it has an extremely light case load and most of the time you are just hanging around. It's not $8,000, it's over $8,000. If we are talking about case load and the amount of "days" you will be working, it comes out to be a pretty nice package for a particular individual.
That is why I'm asking around... to see who would be interested.
If you are not, I appreciate your time reading about the opportunity.

You are paying for someone's time. What is his or her time worth? 48 hours is an awfully long time to be cooped up in a hospital no matter how light the caseload is. I don't see a job like this generating much interest. The pay would have to be much higher, I suspect, to generate any interest.

You are paying for someone's time. What is his or her time worth? 48 hours is an awfully long time to be cooped up in a hospital no matter how light the caseload is. I don't see a job like this generating much interest. The pay would have to be much higher, I suspect, to generate any interest.

I disagree. $8k to sit around and binge watch Netflix? Sign me up! And especially if it's not inhouse.

Reactions: 1 users
This would be ~15k in my neck of woods.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
i can't understand why people are dumping on someone offering work to MDs in a forum that typically screams about the coming death of anesthesia. And 8k for weekend work (especially if it really is light) isn't bad. if you want that where i am you're gonna be on your feet the whole time

I dont dump on the guy, I think it is great to post stuff like this here. Better than paying a locums company.
8000 for a weekend is nice for most areas, and is a decent bump if you cover a few weekends. I was just pointing out that if you are looking to cross the country doing this there are better locations.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app