• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

cool123bright

10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
hey

what does 363 composite score tells?
do i need to retake the exam?

and also, does school looks at percentile rank or the scaled score....
i am not sure....
please anyone who know..please share it!!!

Thanks!!!

omnione

SDN Pharmoderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
Omaha, NE via Lincoln, NE - Home of college footba
unl.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I forget which schools look at the scaled score as a few do, but the percentile score is the most common in PharmCAS schools.

In general, getting a score between the 75th and 85th percentile or above that range is considered competitive (at or above average) for most schools. A 70 is okay, but it won't help your application any and could be frowned upon by some people. Any score below the 70th percentile becomes a liability on your application that needs to be balanced out with a good GPA, interview, and/or experience record.

In general, schools seem more forgiving for people with higher GPAs but lower PCATs. There have been success stories here where people have got in with a 70 or lower PCAT. However, I would have retaken the PCAT had I gotten less than an 80th percentile given that my GPA had been average with a slightly downward trend.

unit18

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
400 is a 50th percentile so 363 is very bad, probably around 30-40 percentile. Did they give the percentiled score?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.