Nervous about first two practice scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdr8

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am registered to take the MCAT on June 13th and am feeling nervous about my first two practice scores. My first score was a 22 (6P, 7V, 9B) on the practice test 3R. Then I bought practice test 5 and scored a 21 (8P, 6V, 7B). Today is the last day to reschedule at a cost 0f $65, so I will likely wait until the silver zone deadline approaches to decide if I want to reschedule (after a couple more practice tests to see if there is any improvement). My goal score is a 27 (which I would hope is a realistic goal for me), which I feel would get me into D.O. schools. Does anyone have any specific tips on how to study in between exams? After my first practice test, I reviewed every question and studied up on topics I got wrong. After the second exam, it seems to be a whole bunch of new topics that came up that I will need to "brush up" on as well. Any advice on my situation and study tips would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Might be worth it to buy the self assessments from AAMC. I'm writing the same day as you and I bought the self assessment last weekend. I took the General Chem assessment which went through all the major topics. At the end it spits out the percentage of easy/med/hard questions you answered correctly as well as how you did with each topic. I found it incredibly helpful actually. It pointed out where my weaknesses lie and now I can zone in on those areas rather than going over everything.

I'd advise you to maybe look into getting those. It's still AAMC MCAT questions, you can give yourself MCAT timing if that's something you'd like to get accustomed to, they go through all of the topics (most?), it's good practice, and it points out weak areas. Win/win/win.