networking/connections important after dental school graduation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

al

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a question. If I want to have a dental career (assuming I can get into a dental school) in a certain area, say southern cali, or better yet Los Angeles area, will going to a school in the region like ucla/loma linda/usc, or even ucsf, for dental school or residency training, provide better connections, etc, to get employed or establish a practice in the southern cali area. I'm asking this cuz I have some pre-med friends that say that they are desperately trying to get into ucla/usc/ucsd/uci med schools cuz of the connections and networking needed to be able to work in the area. They don't want to go out of state because it would make it hard for them to set up a career in cali cuz they won't have connections, networking opportunities, etc. Basically, if I go to the east coast for dental school/residency, am I going have a hard time trying to get employed or set up shop in southern cali? thanks

Members don't see this ad.