Networking with Profs/Researchers/Like Minded Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

congomes12

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going into my third year of premed and have noticed that those with the best case for medical schools often are very well networked...

I mean, they seem to be getting research offers after research offers, and are involved in so many things outside of research as well (such as being asked to organize certain events/conferences by profs). In my case I have not really met many professionals in the healthcare and research fields and I am growing very wary about my chances for medical school given this.

This is a very open ended question but what are the best ways to network in the medical/research community and how can I use this to my advantage? Thanks!
 
Well, no one’s going to come to you with a silver platter with offers, you have to take the initiative and contact professors and doctors yourself for research and shadowing opportunities. The people you mentioned getting offers did the same thing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk