Step I Neurology in First Aid Enough?

Started by deleted884144
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted884144

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the Neurology section in First Aid comprehensive enough? Compared to previous years, it seems the Neurology section in FA has been beefed up, but I'm wondering if things like 'Spinal tract anatomy and functions' are sufficient.
For that particular section (which I am just highlighting as an example), it seems to only mention Dorsal column, Spinothalamic tract, and Corticospinal tracts, despite the fact that there are many other ascending and descending tracts.
Thanks
 
Is the Neurology section in First Aid comprehensive enough? Compared to previous years, it seems the Neurology section in FA has been beefed up, but I'm wondering if things like 'Spinal tract anatomy and functions' are sufficient.
For that particular section (which I am just highlighting as an example), it seems to only mention Dorsal column, Spinothalamic tract, and Corticospinal tracts, despite the fact that there are many other ascending and descending tracts.
Thanks
For usmle yes, for comlex you need more, as comlex has a bit more in depth neuro questions (more in line with neuro course during MS2).
 
I think the neuroanatomy is definitely sufficient for the USMLE Step 1 - I would break down the PHYSIOLOGY section in your studying as relative to the other sections, the physiology for neurology (which encompasses neuroanatomy) is a little much to swallow in one sitting!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad