Textbook access in clinics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Docmasi

Texas A&M CVM c/o 2018!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am recently graduated, but figured some tech savvy students might have a solution to a problem my (now former) classmates and I are having. I have around 500 digital textbooks/notes all in PDF form that I would like to have access to on a daily basis while in clinics. Since the back of clinics are often very busy, my laptop isn't easily accessible. So far we have attempted to create folders to organize textbooks by category on iCloud, thinking that we could just access them on our phones. Unfortunately, we can't search these books when they are on the "folders" function. So, we downloaded them into iBooks. But, alas, iBooks crashes every time we try to search basic disease processes in a textbook.

Are we crazy? Is this just not possible? Has anyone figured out a good way to access textbooks and notes on handheld devices? I just want to be able to quickly pull up a reference without grabbing my laptop.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am recently graduated, but figured some tech savvy students might have a solution to a problem my (now former) classmates and I are having. I have around 500 digital textbooks/notes all in PDF form that I would like to have access to on a daily basis while in clinics. Since the back of clinics are often very busy, my laptop isn't easily accessible. So far we have attempted to create folders to organize textbooks by category on iCloud, thinking that we could just access them on our phones. Unfortunately, we can't search these books when they are on the "folders" function. So, we downloaded them into iBooks. But, alas, iBooks crashes every time we try to search basic disease processes in a textbook.

Are we crazy? Is this just not possible? Has anyone figured out a good way to access textbooks and notes on handheld devices? I just want to be able to quickly pull up a reference without grabbing my laptop.

Thanks!
Download the Adobe Acrobat app, plug your iPhone into your PC and fire up iTunes, go into your mobile device on iTunes, go to Apps and find Adobe Acrobat, drag your 500 book PDFs into the Adobe Acrobat app. Assuming you have sufficient storage on your phone, it should be available to read and search smoothly. Let me know if you have any questions. Hope this helps!