Nov 20, 2018
If you have matched into neurology with only taking COMLEX, would you please PM me if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions?

About the Ads
D

deleted986861

If you have matched into neurology with only taking COMLEX, would you please PM me if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions?
I am a rare breed I guess. I only have taken comlex. I have gotten 16 interviews this match cycle ranging from big universities to community hospitals. There is hope. No one at an interview asked about why I didn’t take step. Most asked what I like to do outside of medicine and what are my career goals.

calibrate

7+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I am a DO and matched a MD program in a large academic center. I took both step and comlex. I have heard of several DO applicants match competitive MD programs with only the comlex. I hope this helps!

Reactions: AquaticSunrise13
OP
N
Nov 20, 2018
I am a rare breed I guess. I only have taken comlex. I have gotten 16 interviews this match cycle ranging from big universities to community hospitals. There is hope. No one at an interview asked about why I didn’t take step. Most asked what I like to do outside of medicine and what are my career goals.
Same. 16 interviews with COMLEX only thus far, with 14 of those being university programs. Earlier advice ITT was dead wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Harabe's Doc

2+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2016
Same. 16 interviews with COMLEX only thus far, with 14 of those being university programs. Earlier advice ITT was dead wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Do you mind sharing the list of those programs as I'll be in the same position next year?

About the Ads