DR. EUGENIC

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
216
0
Status
Pre-Medical
hey all just wondering what i should do........i just recently submitted research to be published and i was just notified that it was accepted and is now " in press" for publication.........will come out next month.....however i only put on my application that i was doing research not that i was published (because i wasnt yet)....so what shold i do?
 

Bubblehead-to-MD

Emergency Blow!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2006
2,034
0
Baltimore, MD
Status
Medical Student
DR. EUGENIC said:
hey all just wondering what i should do........i just recently submitted research to be published and i was just notified that it was accepted and is now " in press" for publication.........will come out next month.....however i only put on my application that i was doing research not that i was published (because i wasnt yet)....so what shold i do?
hmmmmhhh...spinnin' the wheels again, perhaps?
 
About the Ads

QuantumMechanic

Avatar=One of the Greats
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
2,455
2
Hilbert Space
Status
Medical Student
DR. EUGENIC said:
hey all just wondering what i should do........i just recently submitted research to be published and i was just notified that it was accepted and is now " in press" for publication.........will come out next month.....however i only put on my application that i was doing research not that i was published (because i wasnt yet)....so what shold i do?
I'd wait out this application cycle (money isnt important, you'll earn it back...one day) so that it can be on the AMCAS application. Publication = $$$. Bonus points (autoadmission to Harvard and/or UCSF) for higher tier journals such as JAMA, Lancet, NEJM, Nature, The Cell.
 

Bubblehead-to-MD

Emergency Blow!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2006
2,034
0
Baltimore, MD
Status
Medical Student
DR. EUGENIC said:
spining wheels?.......that makes no sense and didnt even attempt to anser the question at hand.....read the statement dont make up your own.. :sleep:
rrrrrrriiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhtttttt. is it somewhat annoying that someone else is jacking up your thread? :sleep:
 
OP
DR. EUGENIC

DR. EUGENIC

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
216
0
Status
Pre-Medical
quantummechanic said:
I'd wait out this application cycle (money isnt important, you'll earn it back...one day) so that it can be on the AMCAS application. Publication = $$$. Bonus points (autoadmission to Harvard and/or UCSF) for higher tier journals such as JAMA, Lancet, NEJM, Nature, The Cell.
are you serious about auto amdmission? or are ou pulling my leg here? :sleep:
 

notdeadyet

Still in California
Moderator
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
11,737
1,901
Status
Attending Physician
Use the information on secondaries? Use it as an addendum for follow up correspondence to the medical schools?

Your primary is off, no? That ship sailed.
 

Dr Durden

10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2006
4,259
1
The Dirty South
Status
Medical Student
I'd suggest trying to bring up the publication in some secondary applications or interviews.

You could also write an "update" letter later this spring if you end up on any waitlists. Something along the lines of "I'm still really interested in attending your school because (insert reason for undying love here). Since we last talked, I've been doing (insert worthy cause here) as well as getting the research we discussed published in (insert name of journal here)." It could help push you into the accepted category as opposed to languishing in purgatory all summer.
 

notdeadyet

Still in California
Moderator
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
11,737
1,901
Status
Attending Physician
DR. EUGENIC said:
that is a good idea...but i have sent out like 12 secondaries already... :eek: :sleep:
Then use it in the follow up correspondence or in interviews. You're lacking options here.
 

notdeadyet

Still in California
Moderator
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
11,737
1,901
Status
Attending Physician
Dr Durden said:
I'd suggest trying to bring up the publication in some secondary applications or interviews.

You could also write an "update" letter later this spring if you end up on any waitlists.
Great minds think alike.
 
OP
DR. EUGENIC

DR. EUGENIC

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
216
0
Status
Pre-Medical
:D
Dr Durden said:
I'd suggest trying to bring up the publication in some secondary applications or interviews.

You could also write an "update" letter later this spring if you end up on any waitlists. Something along the lines of "I'm still really interested in attending your school because (insert reason for undying love here). Since we last talked, I've been doing (insert worthy cause here) as well as getting the research we discussed published in (insert name of journal here)." It could help push you into the accepted category as opposed to languishing in purgatory all summer.
great idea...i like your thinking... :D :sleep:
 

Dov

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2006
180
0
CT
Status
Medical Student
My suggestion is to send a FORMAL letter to the schools giving the citation and expressing your continued interest in the school and how you hope for an interview etc etc.

General rule of thumb... your contact with the school should not be limited to primaries, secondaries and interviews. Send letters (if you have something legitimate to disclose). This is especially important right before acceptances and when waitlisted!!!
 

ChymeChancellor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
952
2
Status
Pre-Medical
DR. EUGENIC said:
are you serious about auto amdmission? or are ou pulling my leg here? :sleep:
Well, it's probably because you are a URM also.
 
About the Ads