new award/activity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DR. EUGENIC

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all just wondering what i should do........i just recently submitted research to be published and i was just notified that it was accepted and is now " in press" for publication.........will come out next month.....however i only put on my application that i was doing research not that i was published (because i wasnt yet)....so what shold i do?

Members don't see this ad.

DR. EUGENIC said:
hey all just wondering what i should do........i just recently submitted research to be published and i was just notified that it was accepted and is now " in press" for publication.........will come out next month.....however i only put on my application that i was doing research not that i was published (because i wasnt yet)....so what shold i do?

hmmmmhhh...spinnin' the wheels again, perhaps?

danjo said:
hmmmmhhh...spinnin' the wheels again, perhaps?

spining wheels?.......that makes no sense and didnt even attempt to anser the question at hand.....read the statement dont make up your own.. :sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
DR. EUGENIC said:

I'd wait out this application cycle (money isnt important, you'll earn it back...one day) so that it can be on the AMCAS application. Publication = $$$. Bonus points (autoadmission to Harvard and/or UCSF) for higher tier journals such as JAMA, Lancet, NEJM, Nature, The Cell.

DR. EUGENIC said:
spining wheels?.......that makes no sense and didnt even attempt to anser the question at hand.....read the statement dont make up your own.. :sleep:

rrrrrrriiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhtttttt. is it somewhat annoying that someone else is jacking up your thread? :sleep:

danjo said:
rrrrrrriiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhtttttt. is it somewhat annoying that someone else is jacking up your thread? :sleep:

not really i was kind of joking.....it actually spices up the thread....thanks :sleep:

quantummechanic said:
I'd wait out this application cycle (money isnt important, you'll earn it back...one day) so that it can be on the AMCAS application. Publication = $$$. Bonus points (autoadmission to Harvard and/or UCSF) for higher tier journals such as JAMA, Lancet, NEJM, Nature, The Cell.

are you serious about auto amdmission? or are ou pulling my leg here? :sleep:

DR. EUGENIC said:
not really i was kind of joking.....it actually spices up the thread....thanks :sleep:

wonderful! :thumbup:

DR. EUGENIC said:

gee, let me think here...auto admission to med school :idea:

Use the information on secondaries? Use it as an addendum for follow up correspondence to the medical schools?

Your primary is off, no? That ship sailed.

I'd suggest trying to bring up the publication in some secondary applications or interviews.

You could also write an "update" letter later this spring if you end up on any waitlists. Something along the lines of "I'm still really interested in attending your school because (insert reason for undying love here). Since we last talked, I've been doing (insert worthy cause here) as well as getting the research we discussed published in (insert name of journal here)." It could help push you into the accepted category as opposed to languishing in purgatory all summer.

notdeadyet said:
Use the information on secondaries? Use it as an addendum for follow up correspondence to the medical schools?

Your primary is off, no? That ship sailed.

that is a good idea...but i have sent out like 12 secondaries already... :eek: :sleep:

DR. EUGENIC said:
that is a good idea...but i have sent out like 12 secondaries already... :eek: :sleep:
Then use it in the follow up correspondence or in interviews. You're lacking options here.

Dr Durden said:
I'd suggest trying to bring up the publication in some secondary applications or interviews.

You could also write an "update" letter later this spring if you end up on any waitlists.
Great minds think alike.

:D
Dr Durden said:

You could also write an "update" letter later this spring if you end up on any waitlists. Something along the lines of "I'm still really interested in attending your school because (insert reason for undying love here). Since we last talked, I've been doing (insert worthy cause here) as well as getting the research we discussed published in (insert name of journal here)." It could help push you into the accepted category as opposed to languishing in purgatory all summer.

great idea...i like your thinking... :D :sleep:

notdeadyet said:
Great minds think alike.

I've certainly learned from the best these past few months, i.e. you more senior members. :thumbup:

My suggestion is to send a FORMAL letter to the schools giving the citation and expressing your continued interest in the school and how you hope for an interview etc etc.

General rule of thumb... your contact with the school should not be limited to primaries, secondaries and interviews. Send letters (if you have something legitimate to disclose). This is especially important right before acceptances and when waitlisted!!!

DR. EUGENIC said:

Well, it's probably because you are a URM also.

Banned For Trolling!!!!! Nnnooooooooo!!!!!!