New California Schools' Naplex Passing Rates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's a dumb argument. Try convincing doctors to spent years in school, facing uncertainty in the job market with saturation, incur huge debts and working for less than market rate just so because they care about helping people.

Eh I would ignore him. His thought process comes from below average intelligence combined with low self worth. Not worth engaging.
 
The barriers to entry for this profession are too low. With the proliferation of degree mills opening up in strip malls, anyone with a pulse and a SSN can qualify for federal student loans and become a pharmacist. Something as simple as making a bachelor's degree a prerequisite for pharmacy school admission would do wonders to improve the quality of new grads and the job market. It's frankly embarrassing that it's not already a prerequisite.

I’d even say along with a bachelors, do what most PA applicants do with bare minimum Health Care Experience (HCE). In this case, 960 hours of pharmacy tech experience. If they wanna be more competitive get their PTCB cert.

Some min barrier needs to take place. 2.5 pre-req GPAs is just not doing it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, I would not work for a dollar a day. You are misrepresenting my argument as hyperbole in order to make it easy to disqualify. You realize trolling is against the rules, right?

I can't believe no one has liked this post. I give it a 9.5 out of 10. I would give it a perfect 10 but I almost feel like it is too good, maybe just a bit too on the nose, if you will.
 
I’d even say along with a bachelors, do what most PA applicants do with bare minimum Health Care Experience (HCE). In this case, 960 hours of pharmacy tech experience. If they wanna be more competitive get their PTCB cert.

Some min barrier needs to take place. 2.5 pre-req GPAs is just not doing it.

"Some min barrier needs to take place. 2.5 pre-req GPAs is just not doing it" you realize deans will fight any additional barriers to entry into pharmacy school tooth and nail right?
 
In the 1970s, there were some Drake graduates who never practiced because at the time, you had to pass the NABPLEX (as it was called then) within 5 years of first taking it, and some people never did.

:wow: