New Consolidated Pay Plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jim85213

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard about the New Consolidated Pay Plan that is coming out soon? If so, do you know when it will take effect?

From what I understand, they will be doing away with ASP and VSP by consolidating them into Incentive Pay (IP) which will be $20,000 per year if licensed. Is that true?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard about the New Consolidated Pay Plan that is coming out soon? If so, do you know when it will take effect?

From what I understand, they will be doing away with ASP and VSP by consolidating them into Incentive Pay (IP) which will be $20,000 per year if licensed. Is that true?

The consolidated pay plans consolidate some of the other bonuses as well. The amount you get paid will be no less than what you would normally get now.

One of the only major changes to the bonuses are that those that are board certified will get the max bonus instead of getting a lesser amount when they are junior officers - it becomes an "all or nothing" bonus. The others won't change much. The other benefit is it changes who is authorized to increases the bonuses, and it raises the ceiling amount for them. All 3 services still have to agree to any changes that occur.

There have been some other posts on the topic if you want to read more.

The consolidated pay plans consolidate some of the other bonuses as well. The amount you get paid will be no less than what you would normally get now.

One of the only major changes to the bonuses are that those that are board certified will get the max bonus instead of getting a lesser amount when they are junior officers - it becomes an "all or nothing" bonus. The others won't change much. The other benefit is it changes who is authorized to increases the bonuses, and it raises the ceiling amount for them. All 3 services still have to agree to any changes that occur.

There have been some other posts on the topic if you want to read more.

I frequent these forums, mostly the NAVY related posts, but I haven't seen anything about the consolidated pay plan. A search didn't yield much for me either, so I hope you don't mind my questions.

What will be the pay breakdown for a new grad under this new plan? Basic pay + BAH + BAS + IP (assuming the grad is licensed in any state)?

I frequent these forums, mostly the NAVY related posts, but I haven't seen anything about the consolidated pay plan. A search didn't yield much for me either, so I hope you don't mind my questions.

What will be the pay breakdown for a new grad under this new plan? Basic pay + BAH + BAS + IP (assuming the grad is licensed in any state)?

The consolidation of the pay accomplishes 2 main purposes. 1) Makes it easier on DFAS and the other organizations that have to approve individuals bonuses to pay them by reducing the total number they have to deal with 2) Takes the approval authority of increasing bonuses out of congresses hands and takes it to a lower level (I believe Health Affairs). This makes it easier for all 3 services to increase a particular bonus when they are in agreement.

A new graduate will still receive the same bonus amount he/she would under the current plan. The only 1 group that will notice a direct change will be junior dental officers that are board certified in their specialty. They would see approximately a $4000 increase.