New DO Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bryce

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What new D.O. schools are going to be opening in the nearby future? I am already aware of Lincoln DeBusk in TN., and possibly one in Col.? Does anybody know of any others?

Members don't see this ad.

Nice Washington! Wonder if that will change Western and their spots available to Pacific Northwest students.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking of starting up my own Sublease School of Osteopathic Medicine. Students will come with me to classes at my real school. I will test them in my garage. Will follow me around on clinicals also. My tuition is cheap. No MCAT/GPA cutoff. Must love osteopathic philosophy.

I'm thinking of starting up my own Sublease School of Osteopathic Medicine. Students will come with me to classes at my real school. I will test them in my garage. Will follow me around on clinicals also. My tuition is cheap. No MCAT/GPA cutoff. Must love osteopathic philosophy.

How did you get that picture of me?... Seriously;)

SOMA and Tuoro-NY are ones that opened this year like Lincoln-Debusk.

Ah, Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences... PNUHS. Is there any other way to pronounce that? :D

I can tell my family I'm going to wiener school.

I wasn't even looking at it as 'P-nus,' I read it more like 'news,' as if the 'p' is silent, like Pfizer :)

Now that you mention it, though, I think I like yours better :laugh: :thumbup:

icon1.gif
Those of you looking to get in to Medical School in California
My name is Saul Amezcua, I am the Associated Student Representative for Stewart University School of Medicine. We are a brand new medical school that is located in Clear Lake, Northern California. We were found in 2007 and the school is still in the process of getting accredited by the World Health Organization to be eligible to take the USMLE step 1.

This accreditation is guaranteed and will take place before you are scheduled to take the USMLE Step 1. We offer an accelerated 34 month program leading to the M.D. degree. We are the first medical school to be opened in the US in over forty years. We offer the equivalent instruction as other medical schools with lectures by professionals who hold a Phd or and MD in their field. We have students currently enrolled with undergraduate and graduate degrees. We also have students with clinical and surgical experience, who like many of us just want to study medicine.

We are currently taking applications and any questions will be answered by our staff. You will find that we are significantly more affordable than other schools. If you are looking for a chance to study here in the US, we have it at Stewart University New Scotland International School of Medicine.

I can be reached at
[email protected]

just say no to stewart. the website is hilarious.

http://www.stewartmed.org/

yeah buddy, first med school to open in the US in over 40 years.

oh and bryce...just go to the AACOM website. it has profiles/websites for every osteopathic school.

icon1.gif
My name is Saul Amezcua, I am the Associated Student Representative for Stewart University School of Medicine. We are a brand new medical school that is located in Clear Lake, Northern California. We were found in 2007 and the school is still in the process of getting accredited by the World Health Organization to be eligible to take the USMLE step 1.

This accreditation is guaranteed and will take place before you are scheduled to take the USMLE Step 1. We offer an accelerated 34 month program leading to the M.D. degree. We are the first medical school to be opened in the US in over forty years. We offer the equivalent instruction as other medical schools with lectures by professionals who hold a Phd or and MD in their field. We have students currently enrolled with undergraduate and graduate degrees. We also have students with clinical and surgical experience, who like many of us just want to study medicine.

We are currently taking applications and any questions will be answered by our staff. You will find that we are significantly more affordable than other schools. If you are looking for a chance to study here in the US, we have it at Stewart University New Scotland International School of Medicine.

I can be reached at
[email protected]

WHO accreditation: :laugh:

"Accelerated curriculum:" :laugh:

First new medical school in over 40 years: :laugh:

Contact info = Hotmail address: :laugh:

sounds like a troll to me!

jd

icon1.gif

I can be reached at
[email protected]

Is this school LCME accredited? Sounds like someone who will take your money and run away.

Oh yes, who could forget about Stewart University? All the best schools accept Paypal as a means of tuition payment. Darn it, Union, you never answered my questions on the thread below about the "professor" at Stewart that stood by and watched a kid die in his classroom. Can't ever count on trolls to answer your questions in an expedient fashion....

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=362680

Is this school LCME accredited? Sounds like someone who will take your money and run away.

Hey, who needs LCME accreditation when one is applying for World Health Organization accreditation.

what a joke

jd

Oh yes, who could forget about Stewart University? All the best schools accept Paypal as a means of tuition payment. Darn it, Union, you never answered my questions on the thread below about the "professor" at Stewart that stood by and watched a kid die in his classroom. Can't ever count on trolls to answer your questions in an expedient fashion....

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=362680

hahahahaAHAHAhahaHAHahahahAHAAHAHahahahAHAHAHAHahahahah!!!! :laugh:

Hey, who needs LCME accreditation when one is applying for World Health Organization accreditation.

According to the Stewartmed website:

"the accreditation body for the school is the sovereign Pomo Indian Tribe. Recognition of the curriculum by the sovereign Pomo Indian Tribe is pending."

And why is the address for the Stewart Med chancellor in San Jose, CA? I'm from San Jose, and this feels like a mark against my hometown. :(

I wasn't even looking at it as 'P-nus,' I read it more like 'news,' as if the 'p' is silent, like Pfizer :)

Now that you mention it, though, I think I like yours better :laugh: :thumbup:

I had a fantasy baseball team last year named the Penus (pronounced like "news" ;)). I got second place :thumbup: