New MCAT & Applying to more schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Singerpremed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have originally applied to ARCOM, ACOM, NYITCOM (NY&AR), PCOM, LUCOM (throwaway), WVSOM, & BCOM. I have received all secondaries except for PCOM and 2 interviews with NYITCOM-jonesboro and ARCOM. I scored a 499 (124/123/124/128) August 1st and then I received my new scores yesterday of a 512 (126/130/126/130). My gpa: cGPA: 3.51 and sGPA: 3.298. ECs include chorus, biomedical (breast cancer) research, patient companion volunteering, receptionist/clinical assistant (not MA/CNA), AMSA/volunteering, fun & fit awareness volunteering for kids, gym training, innovation minor/projects & various forms of shadowing. Solid LORs.

What other schools should I apply to with the new score? I definitely want to apply to NOVA for instance. Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just want to say congrats on your improved score!! That was an amazing jump. Can I ask what it is that you did different this time around vs. the first time you took your MCAT?

Reactions: 1 user
I have originally applied to ARCOM, ACOM, NYITCOM (NY&AR), PCOM, LUCOM (throwaway), WVSOM, & BCOM. I have received all secondaries except for PCOM and 2 interviews with NYITCOM-jonesboro and ARCOM. I scored a 499 (124/123/124/128) August 1st and then I received my new scores yesterday of a 512 (126/130/126/130). My gpa: cGPA: 3.51 and sGPA: 3.298. ECs include chorus, biomedical (breast cancer) research, patient companion volunteering, receptionist/clinical assistant (not MA/CNA), AMSA/volunteering, fun & fit awareness volunteering for kids, gym training, innovation minor/projects & various forms of shadowing. Solid LORs.

What other schools should I apply to with the new score? I definitely want to apply to NOVA for instance. Thank you for your help!
Any school you want to!!! Even mine would take you.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any school you want to!!! Even mine would take you.
Thanks! I guess I need to do further research on schools because I don't really know what I want lol. Which is that or is that a secret? lol