New Moderator - Texas Rose

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:oops: Thanks Mushy and OBP

I hope I can help promote some good and interesting discussion on the peds forum. If anyone has questions or concerns, feel free to PM me. I'd also be happy to hear any thoughts about changes or improvements that we can make here (via post reply or PM). :)

For those who don't know me, I'm a 4th med student applying to peds residency this year. I also happen to be a nontrad with lots of work experience with kids, and 3 children of my own.

Members don't see this ad :)
hide the lollypops and stickers! :hungover:

As moderator, first thing you have to do TR is keep the internists away from here. Even if they do spend a month in our turf :rolleyes:.

Now, you may be my boss TR, but I don't have to write my ERAS essay, do I? So.....

welcome to the team :)

yes, i'm still around. the peds forum tends to be a fairly tame, lol. not many interventions required. after i get settled in my "practice" (i'm at a military base in the midwest) i'll try to get some more content in this place.

next up, boards. blech.

--your friendly neighborhood ex-resident new "staff" pediatrician caveman

OldBear,

That was just mean using the ERAS essay as your out. Us 4th years are painstakingly trying to write what makes us amazing, wonderful and talented so that gosh-darn it, people will like us.

:laugh:

Welcome TexasRose!

OldBear,

That was just mean using the ERAS essay as your out. Us 4th years are painstakingly trying to write what makes us amazing, wonderful and talented so that gosh-darn it, people will like us.

:laugh:

Never let it be said that I assigned a task without providing some help. Fortunately, I was able to find my essay....

Here it is, you may use parts as needed.:)

I hate adults

I really don't like them. I don't like talking to them about stupid stuff like stocks or politics. I certainly don't like taking medical histories from them. I can't write it all down and they never shut up. No kid has ever droned on for 20 minutes about their allergies. I can't stand doing physical exams on them - yuck - they have body parts no one should want to touch!. I don't like drawing blood or starting IV's on them. Who can find those rolling veins?

My worst rotation in med school was adult cardiology. OMFG what a horrible experience. It still gives me nightmares. I committed myself to doing only pedi rotations when I could (pedi pysch, pedi neurosurg), etc. When I had to do adult rotations, like adult derm, it was gross.

I like babies the mostest. They're the best. But kids are okay too. Until they become adolescents. I know in my residency I'll have to do adolescents. I'll tolerate it but hate it. I'm willing to pull extra call in the NICU if I can limit my adolescent call!! Think about it residency directors....

I am a perfect future pediatrician. I am immature, like making stupid faces and have a bit of a "gas" problem. I play too many computer games, I prefer it when babies sit next to me instead of adults on a bus/plane/subway. I would much rather talk about anything with a 5 year old than with an adult.

But really, take me cuz,...I hate adults.

welcome to the team :)

yes, i'm still around. the peds forum tends to be a fairly tame, lol. not many interventions required. after i get settled in my "practice" (i'm at a military base in the midwest) i'll try to get some more content in this place.

next up, boards. blech.

--your friendly neighborhood ex-resident new "staff" pediatrician caveman
Thanks! :)

Allo was interesting, but I think the peds forum will be a much more fun.

And congrats on your new "staff" status!

Never let it be said that I assigned a task without providing some help. Fortunately, I was able to find my essay....

Here it is, you may use parts as needed.:)

I hate adults

I really don't like them. I don't like talking to them about stupid stuff like stocks or politics. I certainly don't like taking medical histories from them. I can't write it all down and they never shut up. No kid has ever droned on for 20 minutes about their allergies. I can't stand doing physical exams on them - yuck - they have body parts no one should want to touch!. I don't like drawing blood or starting IV's on them. Who can find those rolling veins?

My worst rotation in med school was adult cardiology. OMFG what a horrible experience. It still gives me nightmares. I committed myself to doing only pedi rotations when I could (pedi pysch, pedi neurosurg), etc. When I had to do adult rotations, like adult derm, it was gross.

I like babies the mostest. They're the best. But kids are okay too. Until they become adolescents. I know in my residency I'll have to do adolescents. I'll tolerate it but hate it. I'm willing to pull extra call in the NICU if I can limit my adolescent call!! Think about it residency directors....

I am a perfect future pediatrician. I am immature, like making stupid faces and have a bit of a "gas" problem. I play too many computer games, I prefer it when babies sit next to me instead of adults on a bus/plane/subway. I would much rather talk about anything with a 5 year old than with an adult.

But really, take me cuz,...I hate adults.

:laugh: This is the funniest PS I`ve ever read!