New MSAR is out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aSagacious

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
been waiting for it, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys if you did FAP this year. You will get it for FREE FYI

Any big changes... 32 median accepted up to a 33?

Last edited:
Hey guys if you did FAP this year. You will get for FREE FYI

Any big changes... 32 median accepted up to a 33?
that's if you registered for the MCAT this year with FAP

yes, i fapped this year

I think it's kind of annoying that they don't email the activation code for online access with the purchase of the book.

just ordered it. I'm really upset that if you order the guidebook.. the text version, you get the online thing free, but not right away. I think the access code comes on the book. So, I'll have to wait for the book to arrive to access it online. Sucks!

I think it's kind of annoying that they don't email the activation code for online access with the purchase of the book.
yea, these are the same people that take 30 days to grade a multiple choice exam, so we can't expect too much. :(

yea, these are the same people that take 30 days to grade a multiple choice exam, so we can't expect too much. :(

Isn't it just because of the pointless writing prompts that they go through?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any info that's significantly different that you guys can mention? I can't get mine until Friday, because I don't get paid until then lol.

Any info that's significantly different that you guys can mention? I can't get mine until Friday, because I don't get paid until then lol.

grr.. we'll have to wait for somebody to buy the online only version.. or the book to arrive in mail.

Isn't it just because of the pointless writing prompts that they go through?
yes, but the prompts aren't a part of the numerical score, so they could easily split the grading.

I'm a FAP, but I'm not retaking the MCAT this year, so I guess I have to buy the book. Average accepted MCAT up to 33 this year? Interesting...

I'm a FAP, but I'm not retaking the MCAT this year, so I guess I have to buy the book. Average accepted MCAT up to 33 this year? Interesting...

the other guy or gal was just asking.. not asserting..

Trying to buy the online version, but it's giving me an error message saying 1 or more lines of customer info is missing. FTL.

I never understand why they don't just combine everything into online format. Why should the book have more info that could just as easily be put online

:edit:

In any case, just purchased the book, should get here in a couple days! Will let you guys know if I see anything interesting

Last edited:

Nice signature, Pi lol: "Scientific truth is too beautiful to be sacrificed for the sake of light entertainment or money. Astrology is an aesthetic affront. It cheapens astronomy, like using Beethoven for commercial jingles. -Richard Dawkins"

Richard Dawkins is a smart man, yes, but he can be so closed-minded, it's not even funny. Take a gander at my quote from the Father of Medicine himself. I can't agree with him more!

It's really sad to see people degrade astrology, because it is highly scientific at its core. And those who do bash it can't call themselves doctors lol. How ironic! And all you physicians take the Hippocratic oath. If you don't agree with Hippocrates' quote, then you shouldn't be taking that oath!!

to those fretting about not getting "all the info" by just getting the online version, if this year's version is very similar to last year's, you won't be missing out on much at all by just getting the online one.

Nice signature, Pi lol: "Scientific truth is too beautiful to be sacrificed for the sake of light entertainment or money. Astrology is an aesthetic affront. It cheapens astronomy, like using Beethoven for commercial jingles. -Richard Dawkins"

Richard Dawkins is a smart man, yes, but he can be so closed-minded, it's not even funny. Take a gander at my quote from the Father of Medicine himself. I can't agree with him more!

It's really sad to see people degrade astrology, because it is highly scientific at its core. And those who do bash it can't call themselves doctors lol. How ironic! And all you physicians take the Hippocratic oath. If you don't agree with Hippocrates' quote, then you shouldn't be taking that oath!!

(valley-girl accent) O.M.G. you're such a typical Capricorn

Trying to buy the online version, but it's giving me an error message saying 1 or more lines of customer info is missing. FTL.

remove item from cart and retry process.. that worked for me,

I wouldn't say Dawkins is close-minded; he's an empiricist with respect to phenomenon observed by a competent person. Also, I follow the criteria of your quote. I just don't agree with the fact that the alignment of moons makes me a shy person. (Sorry for sarcasm there)

Tried that twice. No soup.

clear cache

delete-cookies.jpg

yes median MCAT is 33 in this year's MSAR. Good stuff. Good stuff.

I wouldn't say Dawkins is close-minded; he's an empiricist with respect to phenomenon observed by a competent person. Also, I follow the criteria of your quote. I just don't agree with the fact that the alignment of moons makes me a shy person. (Sorry for sarcasm there)

Dawkins is an intelligent man with good ideas, but I think he goes kind of overboard with his whole crusade against religion. It's a futile effort. I think that he, as an evolutionary biologist, should know that religion/belief in God is most likely a consequence of our highly developed brain (ironically). Religion may be irrational, but it's not going anywhere, it's built into our being.

anyways...I hope the median really isn't a 33.

Yea, I'm atheist myself and I find Richard Dawkins insufferable.

Why did they give a median Mcat score of 33 rather than the average? Wouldn't mean be a better indicator?

Why did they give a median Mcat score of 33 rather than the average? Wouldn't mean be a better indicator?

This conversation is about Richard Dawkins. Please stay on topic.

Response to the median now being a 33.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ[/YOUTUBE]

Nope. Median is a type of average, first of all. Second, for this kind of distribution, the median is likely to be more useful.