You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
New NAPLEX scores officially released
Started by VA77
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Still too easy to pass. The pass rates should be like 66% for the best schools.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder when they stop collecting data? At the end of the year? I just wonder when they determine to stop taking the “first time” test takers vs overall.
OP post the damn source
Damn touro New York is doing much better
Any school under 85% should be disbanded.
What is Lebanese American University with the 2/2 100% pass rate!?
National average stayed about the same. Some schools of note
CSU 50.77%
Larkin 59.52
Hampton 65%
WCU 66.7%
St Joe 65.7
Way to go Chicago. They must have worked hard to get half their class to pass.
Is this the percentage that passed the test?
First time passIs this the percentage that passed the test?
Geeze... I remember when I took the NAPLEX... Failing was not an option whatsoever. I studied day and night for about 2 weeks before I took it.
I think it’s excessive student loan returns which fuel video game addiction or something like that. These kids are just too damn lazy.
I think it’s excessive student loan returns which fuel video game addiction or something like that. These kids are just too damn lazy.
West coast university looks solid. I would love to go there and be surrounded by below average pharmacist and be the genius in the class
Does the genius of the class pass the NAPLEX?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MPJE also came out.....holy F
Chicago state and Larkin ? Are you kidding me? And they are not alone ....
Chicago state and Larkin ? Are you kidding me? And they are not alone ....
lol touro at 59 percent lmao . So it didn't improve at all. No one is working in a pharmacyMPJE also came out.....holy F
Chicago state and Larkin ? Are you kidding me? And they are not alone ....
D
deleted898085
They're too lazy to do a quick research on job market. Oh wellGeeze... I remember when I took the NAPLEX... Failing was not an option whatsoever. I studied day and night for about 2 weeks before I took it.
I think it’s excessive student loan returns which fuel video game addiction or something like that. These kids are just too damn lazy.
D
deleted898085
When do we have CJPE result?MPJE also came out.....holy F
Chicago state and Larkin ? Are you kidding me? And they are not alone ....
When do we have CJPE result?
I think I am mentally ill. I celebrated when they voided cpje results. If the results are below average I will be celebrating. I think I need to see a psychologist
MPJE also came out.....holy F
Chicago state and Larkin ? Are you kidding me? And they are not alone ....
I would like to purchase a white coat with either a Larkin university or Chicago state logo on it. That way when I consult people at work they know the quality that is being provided. Anyone have the link to their stores online?
I think I am mentally ill. I celebrated when they voided cpje results. If the results are below average I will be celebrating. I think I need to see a psychologist
Typically - if you think you are mentally ill... you probably are to some degree.
Someone help me understand the reasons for significant differences in number of first time exams in the naplex and MPJE?
For example Umass Boston has 257 for naplex but 151 for MPJE.
I get CPJE... but I don’t think 100 grads (>1/3 the class) from New England is only taking the CPJE...
I also get that not everyone gets licensed but this seemed strange to me...
For example Umass Boston has 257 for naplex but 151 for MPJE.
I get CPJE... but I don’t think 100 grads (>1/3 the class) from New England is only taking the CPJE...
I also get that not everyone gets licensed but this seemed strange to me...
D
deleted898085
I don't get it either. 245 of my school took naplex but only 140 took mjpe.Someone help me understand the reasons for significant differences in number of first time exams in the naplex and MPJE?
For example Umass Boston has 257 for naplex but 151 for MPJE.
I get CPJE... but I don’t think 100 grads (>1/3 the class) from New England is only taking the CPJE...
I also get that not everyone gets licensed but this seemed strange to me...
I asked around and no one has the answer. I don't think the other took cjpe only.
D
deleted898085
Hey I can feel it. Life is getting harder and harder. Sorry! Everyone is stuck at different degrees. UBI will eventually come when everyone feels the same as you are. It's just a matter of time.I think I am mentally ill. I celebrated when they voided cpje results. If the results are below average I will be celebrating. I think I need to see a psychologist
I plan to work as a cashier after graduation but I saw Amazon just opens its first cashierless store. Damn it!
Btw don't feel bad for losing $$$ in stocks in the last few days. Tsla short sellers lost huge last month including me and my partner. We lost half of a million just over one week. I'll never touch stocks again unless Bernie cancels my loans, lol
Last edited by a moderator:
Someone help me understand the reasons for significant differences in number of first time exams in the naplex and MPJE?
For example Umass Boston has 257 for naplex but 151 for MPJE.
I get CPJE... but I don’t think 100 grads (>1/3 the class) from New England is only taking the CPJE...
I also get that not everyone gets licensed but this seemed strange to me...
MPJE is state specific. Boston accepts just about anyone who can pay from all over the map. Those who haven’t taken the MPJE probably need to figure out where they plan to live first after graduation before taking the exam for the state
Chicago State doesn't surprise me. The former dean is being sued for stealing money from a student organization: Chicago State dean accused of taking $650,000 from national organization for personal gain
Chicago State has fundamental problems as an insitution. If you read up on them, it's one problem after another. The other secondary public University in Chicago, Northeastern Illinois, doesn't have such problems. People are afraid to discuss those issues because others will call them bigots. Literally, my local community college admissions statistics are better than Chicago State. I wouldn't be surprised if they also had a higher graduation rate.
MPJE is state specific. Boston accepts just about anyone who can pay from all over the map. Those who haven’t taken the MPJE probably need to figure out where they plan to live first after graduation before taking the exam for the state
So you think 1/3 of the graduating class is unemployed still? Wow!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So you think 1/3 of the graduating class is unemployed still? Wow!
We can only speculate, but I imagine, CVS and Walgreens, are not going to this Boston school to hire fresh graduates when there are plenty of hungry pharmacists with experience. Majority of graduates, probably do not have anything lined up so, what is the point of taking the MPJE for Boston, MA when you have no job in that state. I am only speculating.
Not shocked by UT Tyler's pass rate of around 70%. I dealt with a few of their students and was terrified at their lack of knowledge (ex. a rising P3 didnt know lisinopril was for BP, let alone what class it was). Their curriculum was odd too....."group learning" was the buzzword their faculty loved using. I found out that meant the majority of each students' grades came from taking daily group quizzes instead of traditional, single person exams.
I dealt with a few of their students and was terrified at their lack of knowledge (ex. a rising P3 didnt know lisinopril was for BP, let alone what class it was).
Wait seriously??
There's a thread in pre-pharm with several Larkin students trying to say what a wonderful school it is. Everyone make sure to drop by and congratulate them on their stellar performance and continued elevation of the high standards that make up the pharmacy profession!
a bit harsh but i laughedThere's a thread in pre-pharm with several Larkin students trying to say what a wonderful school it is. Everyone make sure to drop by and congratulate them on their stellar performance and continued elevation of the high standards that make up the pharmacy profession!
a bit harsh but i laughed
What's really not funny is that these students are dangerously incompetent and will likely cause harm to patients when they practice.
Anyone familiar with Larkin College of Pharmacy in Miami, FL?
Just curious. They're brand new and on PharmCAS and matriculating their first class in August. They'd be the 7th pharmacy school in Florida, but PharmCAS says there's no info on their accreditation status. http://larkinhospital.com/site/college-of-pharmacy/...
Yeah and those of us with some level of competency wind up looking like idiots by association....not good for any of us! Ours is a profession where you can do quite a bit of harm by "inaction"- not recognizing an interaction, duplicate therapy, etc. One of the things we've historically provided is a safety net to keep bad rxs from getting to patients. Does anyone think these students will be able to continue that?
D
deleted898085
I saw an article that a pharmacist gave a pt opioid instead of antibiotics. I wonder if these students in this case will call and tell the patient to go to ER immediately.Yeah and those of us with some level of competency wind up looking like idiots by association....not good for any of us! Ours is a profession where you can do quite a bit of harm by "inaction"- not recognizing an interaction, duplicate therapy, etc. One of the things we've historically provided is a safety net to keep bad rxs from getting to patients. Does anyone think these students will be able to continue that?
Was that by accident or just a bad decision made due to lack of knowledge?I saw an article that a pharmacist gave a pt opioid instead of antibiotics. I wonder if these students in this case will call and tell the patient to go to ER immediately.
If they are corporate pharmacy, it would probably involve a whole legal team and trying to get the pt to not sue. I know I've made a mistake where I've dispensed a wrong medication from reading a paper script wrong but I just called the pt and had him return the medication. Luckily they didn't go far yet and the patient was had no issues with it since they've been a long time patient. (On plus of independents is patients don't go nuts if a mistake happens).I saw an article that a pharmacist gave a pt opioid instead of antibiotics. I wonder if these students in this case will call and tell the patient to go to ER immediately.
D
deleted898085
I just wonder if the moment they realized the pt took the wrong med, they'd call and tell pt to go to ER right away or they'd take some time to look up before deciding what the pt has to do. I wonder how much they know how serious the situation is. (Pt took oral morphine.)Was that by accident or just a bad decision made due to lack of knowledge?
I just wonder if the moment they realized the pt took the wrong med, they'd call and tell pt to go to ER right away or they'd take some time to look up before deciding what the pt has to do. I wonder how much they know how serious the situation is. (Pt took oral morphine.)
I think you are a new pharmacist? Just a suggestion. If you are ever involved with a serious medication error - you should always recommend that they call their doctor, or just go to the ER, right away.
If the patient experiences an ADR, and you took the captains seat, it’s sue central.
If you live in Illinois, go for SIUE.
I went to SIU many years ago. I learned only one thing while I was at that school and that was how to party... bigtime.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It looks like the University of South Florida's first-time pass rate increased to slightly over 90%.
Kudos, but the MPJE score was 75%.
My question: how is the data collected for the MPJE pass rates?
Kudos, but the MPJE score was 75%.
My question: how is the data collected for the MPJE pass rates?
Last edited:
Any school under 85% should be disbanded.
For NAPLEX, agreed; I would argue for 90% or higher. However, what about the MPJE cutoff?
I think you are a new pharmacist? Just a suggestion. If you are ever involved with a serious medication error - you should always recommend that they call their doctor, or just go to the ER, right away.
If the patient experiences an ADR, and you took the captains seat, it’s sue central.
He obviously knows that. He's questioning if the graduates from the 56% pass rate school would know this.
Naples scores being low rate is bad but I can't really say the same for mjpe. I know my class had some mjpe failures but those were from people who had no intention in staying at the state and just took cause nothing else better to do.
Everyone should pass the NAPLEX the first time unless they are seriously ill and can't get it refunded/moved. Seriously, it is pass/fail and no one will ever care what your score was other than passing. I failed a MPJE by a point for a state I hadn't worked in before. I would figure MPJE passing rate is depressed by people taking it for other states where they are less familiar.