New Next Step FLs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hi-polymer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the new updated Next Step full lengths? I just took #6 and am really discouraged. It was way harder than the previous exams I have taken, especially C/P. Seen my score drop by 8pts wanted to know if anyone else thought their practice exams were that tough.

Members don't see this ad.

I took NS1 today but I did very well compared to how I did on Kaplan 1. I never took any of the older NS FLs so I'm not sure how different they were prior to the update.

I'm on NS#2 and I can tell you they did an AWESOME job mimicking the actual AAMC MCAT. I took NS#2 late last year, maybe December or early November, but don't remember the C/P ever being this physics/gen. chem so they must really have re-balanced things. I also took the Jan. 23rd MCAT of this year, but was not confident in my C/P section so I voided. I can you so far the revised NS#2 really mimics the difficulty level of what you should expect on actual test date. I signed on just to give praise to NS, but ran into this post.

i recently took updated NS Exam 1 (free one) and was very impressed with the test. i felt that it better reflected the AAMC materials that i have been using (e.g. q-packs & section bank). i never took the old NS exams so i cannot compare old vs. updated. however, i have taken 2 kaplan FLs and 2 TPR FLs, and i can say without a doubt that NS is EXTREMELY better than both kaplan and TPR. i'm planning on buying all 10 of their exams to use as i prepare for my 5/6 date, since i cannot seem to find anything better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick tip don't use the test companies to gauge your readiness. Use them to get your timing down and to get practice. They generally run 10-20 points harder than the real thing. Use the AAMC materials and the Khan Academy. Take it or leave it everyone learns different.
And remember.... "C is for Cookie"

NEXT step 6 destroyed me!!!!, I was so disappointed in the middle of the test that I did not even do the psych section!!

Reactions: 1 user
I still remember the way NS 6 owned me. It was a peaceful Saturday morning at 8 AM. I'm pretty chill and feeling good starting my practice exams, although my mind is still foggy and i'm not really fully awake yet. I remember thinking "Wtf?" and then getting up smacked in the face with adrenaline, and it was just a very, uncomfortable experience. It was my worse I think...but I did way better on the AAMC stuff, so don't sweat it.

Are NS 5-6 worth getting? I only have 1-4 and to add to the soul crushing, I was not happy with the outcome of 2 and 3.