New Nontrad Mod: wholeheartedly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Now that I'm an attending and vc7777 is getting ready to apply for residency, the staff felt it was time for some new mod input in this forum. Please welcome your newest NT forum mod @wholeheartedly.
So you won't be a mod because you're not a resident anymore an he won't be a mod because he will be a resident? I like how that works. 😀
 
Nah, they'll both be around. Neither would be crazy enough to trust me on my own here. Q just knows I've got more time before I even apply so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.
You had dogs, right? Well, now is the time to start practicing herding cats. 🙂 Although to be honest, NT is not that horrible, so enjoy your new responsibilities! 😉
 
So you won't be a mod because you're not a resident anymore an he won't be a mod because he will be a resident? I like how that works. 😀
Hahaha, nice, I like how you think.

No, I'm not going anywhere. It's just that we've reached the point where vc and I are pretty far away from where most of you are (i.e., premeds and preclinical med students), so we wanted to balance things out a bit by having a premed mod as well. And like WH said, no, we don't trust her to guard the henhouse. First she has to learn to use her powers for good and not evil. :meanie:
 
😎

speaking of herding cats. i'm a couple weeks post MRI for knee injury and got to chase the little stinker pup down the street when the gate got opened. Q apparently thinks I'm certifiable because she asked if I want to mod Pre-Allo as well. I hide from that place. It scares me.
 
😎

speaking of herding cats. i'm a couple weeks post MRI for knee injury and got to chase the little stinker pup down the street when the gate got opened. Q apparently thinks I'm certifiable because she asked if I want to mod Pre-Allo as well. I hide from that place. It scares me.
Sounds like the perfect plan - hang out at home, nurse the knee, pet the pup and wield the mod hammer? 🙂
 
Congrats!!!....I've been a long time lurker and recognize you, vc,Q, Goro, and Cat as some of the best at well thought out advice. Thank you all for your time and dedication. @VC and @Q, I look forward to reaching the milestones in this journey that you all have already accomplished
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@wholeheartedly Are you going to put SDN Moderator as one of your top three most meaningful experiences on AMCAS?

:highfive: congrats, & keep on being awesome!
 
Last edited:
So you're saying the palm trees and the beach are already taken care of? 😛
I am willing to donate two Florida palm trees for said hammock. We won't choose the kind with coconuts. MCAT physics studying be d***ed; it's just not a good idea to sit under those. 😉
@wholeheartedly Are you going to put SDN Moderator as one of your top three most meaningful experiences on AMCAS?
All kidding aside, I listed it on mine. Also for my residency app and on my CV. At the job interview, one of my new coworkers who reads SDN asked me what my username was. :laugh:
 
@wholeheartedly Are you going to put SDN Moderator as one of your top three most meaningful experiences on AMCAS?

:highfive: congrats, & keep on being awesome!


I don't know, I might put my welding and blacksmithing classes higher. My friends were telling me that with those two skills, if I become a physician as well, I would be an unbeatable asset during the zombie apocalypse. I'd be able to make tools, weapons, and fix sick people. Those seem pretty meaningful. 😉
 
All kidding aside, I listed it on mine. Also for my residency app and on my CV. At the job interview, one of my new coworkers who reads SDN asked me what my username was.

I was actually going to start a thread about this asking if anyone put SDN on their application, but didn't want to look stupid. Haha. But in all seriousness, hey I'm almost a 7-year member and in that time I hope I've at least assisted someone in their pursuit. I feel it's a valid "EC".
 
I am willing to donate two Florida palm trees for said hammock. We won't choose the kind with coconuts. MCAT physics studying be d***ed; it's just not a good idea to sit under those. 😉

All kidding aside, I listed it on mine. Also for my residency app and on my CV. At the job interview, one of my new coworkers who reads SDN asked me what my username was. :laugh:


You get really strange looks around these parts when you mention SDN....
 
I don't know, I might put my welding and blacksmithing classes higher. My friends were telling me that with those two skills, if I become a physician as well, I would be an unbeatable asset during the zombie apocalypse. I'd be able to make tools, weapons, and fix sick people. Those seem pretty meaningful. 😉

No way, I know how to weld too! MIG, TIG, & Oxy Acetylene. Never learned Arc. Rock on.
 
I was actually going to start a thread about this asking if anyone put SDN on their application, but didn't want to look stupid. Haha. But in all seriousness, hey I'm almost a 7-year member and in that time I hope I've at least assisted someone in their pursuit. I feel it's a valid "EC".
I don't think I'd put being a regular user on my app. But being SDN staff definitely counts; SDN is a legit nonprofit organization and all SDN mods are volunteers, so it's a service activity. A lot of the work to run this site is done by the pre-professional school mods just because they have the most time. As a premed, I was an MCAT forum mod and co-founded the MCAT Q&A subforum; I figure I volunteered around 1000 hours for SDN the year I applied to med school alone. So heck yeah it was a major EC on my AMCAS! Obviously I didn't volunteer nearly as many hours during med school or residency, and the time commitment was a big part of why I gave up modding the MCAT and PA forums once things started getting busy in med school. I could start helping with PA again this past month because now I have more time, but it's still nothing like when I was a premed.

Since I discussed my work for SDN on AMCAS, I was open about identifying myself as QofQuimica when the topic came up. I did have a few interesting discussions about the site at interviews, but overall, the reception was positive.