New PD in Jacobi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laptop

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just know that Jacobi/Montefiore has a new PD this year, Dr. Thomas Perera, instead of Dr. Adrienne Birnbaum. I talked with Dr. Birnbaum last year. He is a very nice guy. Any one knows the new PD?

Members don't see this ad.

Just know that Jacobi/Montefiore has a new PD this year, Dr. Thomas Perera, instead of Dr. Adrienne Birnbaum. I talked with Dr. Birnbaum last year. He is a very nice guy. Any one knows the new PD?

I just finished a rotation at Jacobi a week or so ago. I had the opportunity to work with him on two of my shifts. I enjoyed my time with him. He is extremely enthusiastic and enjoys teaching. He is also very smart. I think he mentioned that he trained at Jacobi and was PD at Albany before coming back. He's a major plus to that program.

Did they send out the interview notice this year? Seems that the EDs in NYC are all in a slow pace.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they send out the interview notice this year? Seems that the EDs in NYC are all in a slow pace.

Most EM programs have yet to offer interviews. I'm sure things will pick up after Nov. 1 with the release of MSPEs. It's still pretty early.

heard through the grapevine, maricopa has new pd as well. interviewed there last year, loved the pd, haven't heard anything about the new pd.